Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Ventizz to acquire Hasselblad  (Read 60563 times)

JV

Re: Ventizz to acquire Hasselblad
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2011, 12:03:50 pm »

Why?

Why would someone who buys a Ferrari expect good gas mileage? The GH2 provides decent low light capability because of the type of sensor technology and the size of that technology, which helps to allow for f/0.95 lenses. The Honda Civic gets very good gas mileage, but it will only go so fast. That would be my expectation.

Steve Hendrix

Why not?  The GH2 combo probably costs around $1.5-2K.  Would you not expect a $40+K solution aimed at the professional photographer to be at the very least just as capable?

JV

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2011, 12:07:10 pm »

And BTW in real life the Ferrari goes fast, in this particular case the Honda Civic is faster than the so-called Ferrari as well...

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2011, 12:18:43 pm »

And BTW in real life the Ferrari goes fast, in this particular case the Honda Civic is faster than the so-called Ferrari as well...

Hmmm.

The Ferrari is made for speed. The Civic is made for all around drivability. In other words, each produced to it's strength. The same with this particular case.

I may have been too literal in addressing what you stated as the expectations of someone spending $40K would be.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

lance_schad

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »

But what if you wanted the drivability and features of the Civic, but really like the paint job and logo of a Ferrari , well then Hasselblad has you covered.

Lance
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »

But what if you wanted the drivability and features of the Civic, but really like the paint job and logo of a Ferrari , well then Hasselblad has you covered.

Lance

Oh oh....gonna get some popcorn  ;D
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2011, 12:52:56 pm »

Lance

Well I guess that if you want a Ferrari engine in a tractor then Phase One is just the ticket
David Watson ARPS

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2011, 01:02:06 pm »

You know a thread has run out of gas when the car analogies drive into town.

Agreed that the thread has veered off the track, and it's time to steer it back on course.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2011, 01:04:17 pm »

Well I guess that if you want a Ferrari engine in a tractor then Phase One is just the ticket

:D :D
But wait - don't leave yet, they have 2 cameras coming out sometime.   ;)    I hope for Phase these are not based on the DF because after 4 refreshes it still is 'the tractor'.   Actually, all jests aside,  I have been hoping that Phase would work with the Hy6/AFi for a long time.  If Phase can bring out the same level of improvement the IQ series did to their camera body, they might have something.
Rolleiflex USA

design_freak

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2011, 01:04:55 pm »

Well I guess that if you want a Ferrari engine in a tractor then Phase One is just the ticket.
LOL :)
Excellent!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:43:08 pm by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2011, 01:32:05 pm »

:D :D
But wait - don't leave yet, they have 2 cameras coming out sometime.   ;)    I hope for Phase these are not based on the DF because after 4 refreshes it still is 'the tractor'.   Actually, all jests aside,  I have been hoping that Phase would work with the Hy6/AFi for a long time.  If Phase can bring out the same level of improvement the IQ series did to their camera body, they might have something.

It has been stated that these are "from the ground up" new products. While it would be great for Phase One to have compatibility with the Hy6/AFi, I hope that their new designs are an improvement on that camera as well.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

design_freak

« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2011, 01:49:22 pm »

It has been stated that these are "from the ground up" new products. While it would be great for Phase One to have compatibility with the Hy6/AFi, I hope that their new designs are an improvement on that camera as well.

Steve Hendrix

I think that this product will surprise everyone. Even users of P1.
Best regards,
DF

yaya

« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2011, 02:05:36 pm »

I bet not many people here know the Ferrari tractors (which are Green BTW), known mostly for their high performance engines and great handling

design_freak

« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2011, 02:22:05 pm »

I bet not many people here know the Ferrari tractors (which are Green BTW), known mostly for their high performance engines and great handling

I was doing different things in life. Orchards are also not alien to me :P
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2011, 02:26:56 pm »

I can confirm they are very agile :)
Best regards,
DF

yaya

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2011, 02:31:19 pm »

I was doing different things in life. Orchards are also not alien to me :P

Same here ;)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2011, 04:15:03 pm »

All these guys from Phase and Leaf posting on a Hasselblad thread.

Guess you are a bit nervous.   ;D
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2011, 04:25:41 pm »

All these guys from Phase and Leaf posting on a Hasselblad thread.

Guess you are a bit nervous.   ;D

Just one more takeover and you'll all have the same boss :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

larkis

• My photography blog
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2011, 04:39:40 pm »

Why not?  The GH2 combo probably costs around $1.5-2K.  Would you not expect a $40+K solution aimed at the professional photographer to be at the very least just as capable?

Professionals can usually afford lights and those cameras are intended to be used in studio settings just like motion picture cameras. Sure having great low light performance opens up possibilities but at the same time you loose a lot of quality especially if you want to do post production to your image/video.
A professional workflow needs to give the ability to do a lot of post production on the image, and when you look at the output from a red or alexa compared to a gh2 (which i own) the quality difference is day and night. I'm sure once technology is available that combines all the benefits of CCD's and CMOS without the downsides of each, the likes of phase will incorporate it. Is their gear to expensive ? Sure, but getting an extra 20% out of a technology can cost a lot of money to and when demand is low it's tough to keep it cheap. The same thing can be observed with professional post production software (which i know better than cars as far as analogies go), professionals are the most demanding customers that cost a lot to keep satisfied and there is far less of them. Look at applications like NUKE or Houdini, they do what they do very well (and cost thousands) but are not nearly as polished from a UI standpoint as something adobe would make for the masses. In fact a product like After Effects does pretty much everything NUKE does and more, but the way nuke does it is worth a lot more to the people that know what they need in production and they are willing to pay for it.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »

Just one more takeover and you'll all have the same boss :)

Edmund

Lol. 

I doubt that.  We are waaay too expensive. ;)
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Rob C

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2011, 05:03:27 pm »

LOL :)
Excellent!

No, not excellent at all: that's a Lamborghini you're thinking about. Bulls, bats, you know?

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up