Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crosby Beach near Liverpool  (Read 3686 times)

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
Crosby Beach near Liverpool
« on: June 27, 2011, 01:48:18 pm »

Here is a photo I took on Crosby Beach near Liverpool. Crazy skies that day. Sun light, wind, rain, all happening at the same time. You could see the rain moving around the sea during the day.(look on the right) The clouds were moving fast as hell

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:56:36 pm by Enda Cavanagh »

francois

Re: Crosby Beach near Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 02:36:08 am »

Enda,
It's another wonderful landscape with stunning texture in the sand and a dramatic sky. I very much like that the "path" leads to something. B&W is perfect for that kind of weather.
Bravo.
Francois

stamper

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 03:32:48 am »

The composition I like a lot, however - imo - it looks over processed. I can see a halo around remains of the pier. Did you use HDR? I think this is a good image that is worth processing again with a "softer" look. :)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:21:15 am »

I'd echo that - looks over-processed, definitely see a halo around the pier, and some deeper shadows here & there wouldn't go amiss. Surely HDR (& if it is that, it's done better than a lot of HDR I see on the web) should have that higher dynmaic range, not a reduced monochrome palette just to reveal extra detail.

francois

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:37:40 am »

I can see a halo around remains of the pier.

Good catch! Now that I'm looking at the image on a good display (vs old & small laptop), it's obvious.
Francois

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 09:01:23 am »

Sorry guys.
It was a long day yesterday.I have removed the halos. I don't agree with the softer look to be honest. I wanted to really focus on the strong forms and the dramatic sky. I darkened the shadows a wee bit Bill.

stamper

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 11:05:47 am »

Sorry guys.
It was a long day yesterday.I have removed the halos. I don't agree with the softer look to be honest. I wanted to really focus on the strong forms and the dramatic sky. I darkened the shadows a wee bit Bill.

Fair comment it is your image and your call. I feel however if you manage to capture a good image - and this is one imo - then it is worth trying different ways of rendering it. Leave them for a couple of weeks and look at them with fresh eyes. You might change your mind? :)

feethea

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 03:10:21 pm »

Excellent. I'm with you Enda re the strong forms, and contrast. Well done.

Barry

ced

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 06:42:01 am »

It is not important how it looks on the screen the result on paper is what matters, Nice image!
Pages: [1]   Go Up