Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canson Infinity Platine Fibre Rag  (Read 38249 times)

mearussi

Re: Canson Infinity Platine Fibre Rag
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2017, 10:50:29 am »

Well, don't believe the hype.

Baryta Prestige has some OBAs in it, for starters. That is not a deal breaker for everyone, but its not a great sign.

Harman Baryta is a rarity with some OBAs, but still good longevity. Very few papers achieve this, maybe this is one, maybe not.
I'll stick to Platine till the longevity test results are in.
I don't like OBAs either, and I also don't like Alpha-Cellulose papers as they feel like cardboard to me. But I'm also open to new technologies and don't mind experimenting, and I absolutely hate paper curl which is why I usually only print any paper using cut sheets (the only "paper" I print using rolls anymore is canvas), so I'm really hoping this works.     

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2017, 11:30:18 am »

The relatively new Canson Baryta Prestige is a heavy paper.  Any heavier and the built-in cutter might be an issue.  I buy rolls only, and even in roll form, this paper is surprisingly flat after printing.  (I use the Epson P9000).

ken

mearussi

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2017, 11:32:32 am »

The relatively new Canson Baryta Prestige is a heavy paper.  Any heavier and the built-in cutter might be an issue.  I buy rolls only, and even in roll form, this paper is surprisingly flat after printing.  (I use the Epson P9000).

ken
Good to know. Have you have any problem with edge curl?

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2017, 10:31:36 pm »

I have not experienced problems with curl with Canson Baryta Prestige.  I do keep the vacuum on high (P9000) to make sure the paper is held in place---it is a heavy paper. The only issue I have seen is a couple times where the cutter stopped, but keeping the paper taught resolved the issue.

ken
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up