Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Window Framed  (Read 3544 times)

stamper

Re: Window Framed
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 11:55:43 am »

Or your bum squeak. ;D :P ::)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 03:06:48 pm »

I gave up on photo contests years ago on the basis that many of the winning images I would have tossed had they been mine...  ;)

Overall I like this image - my critique would be that I would have moved slightly to the right so that upright post framed the left edge instead of being inset as it is.  I see the left edge now as being 'wasted' space.  I'd suggest cropping, but that's a seven-letter word around here!!   ;D

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 04:46:47 pm »

I gave up on photo contests years ago on the basis that many of the winning images I would have tossed had they been mine...  ;)

Overall I like this image - my critique would be that I would have moved slightly to the right so that upright post framed the left edge instead of being inset as it is.  I see the left edge now as being 'wasted' space.  I'd suggest cropping, but that's a seven-letter word around here!!   ;DMike.

Liked that, appeals to my sense of humour.

Speaking of which, I have recently contributed to the new blog of an equally new art group I was invited to join. My Spanish is passably okay as far as speaking goes, if you're not averse to the use of lots of infinitives, but I don't like trying to write it because after all, who'd want to communicate with a two-year old child? Anyway, I was encouraged to use English as several people in the group can understand it even if not comfortable writing it (mirrors...) and so I did my collective bit and in a thread about mythology I posted something light about mermaids and frustration. It didn't fly. Taken literally rather than tongue-in-cheek. Early days.

That's not to say there is no humour appreciated here: quite the opposite. The main restaurant I use has a tips container on the bar that's wrapped in a poster of Franco with the legend: "Joderos! In my day you could smoke."

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up