Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Cut Pro 10 (FCP X) debut  (Read 3042 times)

Pete_G

Final Cut Pro 10 (FCP X) debut
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:21:35 am »

For those of you who are still pulling your hair out over the question of which NLE software to use may be pleased by Apple's new version of FCP. Follow google links to a sneak preview, on Vimeo I think. It is quite different from what came before but has a number of interesting new features:

A 'magnetic timeline' that simplifies editing and re-editing sequences, particularly if there are effects and L cuts and multiple soundtracks attached to clips.

An improved 'Find' function, and what looks like a very interesting way of viewing rushes clips.

Automated rough colour correction/matching of shots.

Rendering in the background with the ability to continue to work.

Of course, the software needs closer inspection to see exactly how useful these functions are in the real world. I am by no means part of the "Apple Faithful" and have found FCP, in the past, to be irritating and unuseable to say the least, but this major re-working does seem, finally, to have produced a decent product.

Oh...and it's priced at USD299...which means they are virtually giving it away.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Final Cut Pro 10 (FCP X) debut
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:18:16 am »

but this major re-working does seem, finally, to have produced a decent product.

and which will not be available until at least June 2011. 'Demo only' and a 'work in progress' at this stage - but looks very interesting

Pete_G

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 01:45:26 pm »

Ah...perhaps I should have mentioned that I'm an Avid user, USD299 just about gets you an upgrade if you're very lucky.

fredjeang

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:33:41 am »

I've never liked FCP, but like it or not it has largely became a "standart" with MC. The fact that Apple is showing a roadmap is a good news for FCP users. IMO, combined with the Autodesk platform it is a very powerfull tool.

Pages: [1]   Go Up