Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 Profiler V1.0 released  (Read 6917 times)

howardm

Re: i1 Profiler V1.0 released
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 03:55:42 pm »

I know that outside of North America, the NEC software is nothing more than re-badged BasICColor so they must have wiggled a deal that allows them to use that knowledge and sell it into the North American market vs. just Europe+

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 04:13:02 pm »

Ahh that makes sense! Datacolor just confirmed that they don't use the internal LUT - so it only SpectralVision and BasICColor that do this on NEC displays. Thanks for the clarification.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 06:45:52 pm »

I pretty much concur with what others have said. My lab's profiles have all been built with i1Profiler now. I was previously using Monaco Profiler which was quite decent however there's a few situations where i1Profiler does a better job.

I'd also agree with regards to monitor profiling. I will continue to use Color Eyes Display Pro for my non-NEC monitors and Spectraview for my NEC monitors (BasICColor is an excellent choice as well). There's some really nice features in the monitor profiling module, for example I like that it allows you to measure white point reflected off a blank sheet of paper to set your white point. Very convenient but there's other ways to achieve that even if your software doesn't have that capability.

Cheers, Joe
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up