Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 of the 3 'must have plugins'  (Read 5366 times)

2 of the 3 'must have plugins'
« on: May 17, 2005, 08:11:13 am »

Of course I only use Noise Ninja when needed. But if it is, I use it first. It tends to reduce detail and therefore you may want to add a bit more sharpening than usual.

I do Input Sharpening right away. This is basicly a mechanical step, with the only decision being which level to use.

If I've used NN, then I'll apply a bit of creative sharpening, but otherwise usually not. What type to use is a highly personal decision and also one based very much on the particular image one is working on.

Then, after all the editing is done I save the image.

When I want to print, I load the saved file and apply whatever level of Output Sharpening the file needs, based on the print size and paper used.

Michael

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 08:45:22 pm »

While we're on the subject...

I've stopped using Noise Ninja and reverted back to my old standby Neat Image. Here's my problem...

I can't get NN to automatically select the correct profile based on the image parameters. It stays on ISO 100, 20D regardless of the fact that I shot a particular image at ISO 800. My file metadata is all there - I checked.

Any ideas? Am I doing somehting wrong?
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

61Dynamic

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 11:01:19 pm »

Boku, I had the same happen to me once but that was due to the fact that I tried to install the profiles without installing them through the plugin. Once I installed the profiles through the plugin all was well agian.

Giedo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 06:46:49 am »

Hi,
I just purchased noise ninja and photokit sharpener and ofcourse I want to make the most out of these powerful tools when using photoshop.
I was used doing noise reduction first and sharpening later, but now there are 2 or 3 stages in which to sharpen: capture sharpening, creative sharpening and output sharpening.
What is the best sequence for digital workflow considering the use of these tools?

regards, Giedo
Giedo

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 02:16:33 pm »

My preference is to (if necessary) do noise reduction first, and then sharpen. I use Focus Magic in lieu of capture sharpening (radius 2, 100% or so does wonders on a 1Ds image) and then use my Sharpening Actions for creative/output sharpening. But that's my personal sharpening preference, Photokit is very good as well. But definitely deal with noise first, then sharpen.

Giedo

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 02:47:26 am »

thanks Michael, Jonathan, Bob for your replies. This will save me a lot of trial and error!
Bob, I did have the same problem, but I managed to get an autoprofile based on camera exif-data. The only problem is that now I don't know how I managed the software to do that... I'll try to find out, but maybe someone else here can give you a more adequate response.

Giedo
Giedo

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 07:44:07 am »

Boku, I had the same happen to me once but that was due to the fact that I tried to install the profiles without installing them through the plugin. Once I installed the profiles through the plugin all was well agian.
Thanks, I'll try that tonight.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b
Pages: [1]   Go Up