Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: image made on CS5 W764 computer won't print with CS5 XP computer - Epson 9880  (Read 3048 times)

mellencm

I have 2 computers with CS5. One is new, with Windows 7 64. The other is XP. My printer is Epson 9880, which is connected to the XP computer. The computers are networked, but I only print from the XP computer. On my XP computer, I have opened a file created in the W7 64 computer, and am trying to print it. I am getting this message:
"The saved printer information is not compatible with this version of Photoshop, or the saved printer is no longer available. You will need to check your printer settings before printing." Then, when the print dialogue box appears, the Printer Profile box is greyed out.

Any suggestions on fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ellen

Brad Smith

Would it be worth a try to share your printer over your network and print from the Win7 machine through the XP machine, bypassing PS on XP?

mellencm

Good thought, Brad, however that is logistically not possible, as the W7 computer is in my detatched garage turned studio, and my xp and printer are in the house!

mellencm

So, here's an interesting update. I tried printing this same file from older photoshop programs: CS3, and Elements 2.0 (a real oldie), and was able to print with no problem. So this is a workaround for the time being. Still, I'd like to solve this issue. It's clearly a problem with CS5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up