Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moab New Lasal Luster 300gsm  (Read 10490 times)

abiggs

• http://www.andybiggs.com
Re: Moab New Lasal Luster 300gsm
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 09:45:00 am »

If the anti-curl layer is what it is, I like the idea, but in the end GFS / Baryta Photographique lacks an organic feel, which is a shame. Might as well be an RC paper.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:46:38 am by abiggs »
Andy Biggs
[url=http://www.andybiggs.com

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 12:46:32 pm »

If the anti-curl layer is what it is, I like the idea, but in the end GFS / Baryta Photographique lacks an organic feel, which is a shame. Might as well be an RC paper.
But behind a frame, it really doesn't matter.  I still find this paper the best buy for the money of any paper out there.

narikin

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 02:42:20 pm »

But behind a frame, it really doesn't matter.  I still find this paper the best buy for the money of any paper out there.
and indeed its gets amazing longevity in Aardenberg.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 06:07:00 pm »

Pieter, I do have a Z3200, however I have found that there is no need for us to create profiles, as these printers do a great job creating profiles themselves. I do plan on working with the paper on my Z3200, and will be happy to report back with my findings as to which paper is the best to begin with as a media type.

OK Andy thank you, It is indeed more how the gloss enhancer react on the paper. I have to buy it to find out. I am still looking for the ideal baryta paper for the Z3100
Until now i find Hahnemuhle Photo rag baryta and epson Traditional photo paper doing the best job, alas -  Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, the paper that really smells like the good old darkroom papers- do not work at al with the gloss enhancer...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

MHMG

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 07:02:45 pm »

Until now i find Hahnemuhle Photo rag baryta and epson Traditional photo paper doing the best job, alas -  Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, the paper that really smells like the good old darkroom papers- do not work at al with the gloss enhancer...

IGFS really sucks up the Gloss Enhancer and protective sprays as well for that matter. It takes a heavier than usual coat. I've seen the gloss enhancer applied well to IGFS with a Z3100 in one sample submitted by an AaI&A member, so I Know it can be done, but you will have to create a custom setting. I don't own a Z3100 so, I can't tell you how to do it, but again, I have seen it done.

cheers,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com

Aristoc

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 08:10:10 pm »

Is there any chance of getting this paper in Toronto soon?
 :-\

Aristoc

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »

Just got this paper. As you can see, on your left, is the new Moab Exhibition Lustre 300gsm paper. On the right is Epson Exhibition Fibre. It has the typical lustre finish.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up