Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panoramic Head for H3D  (Read 1728 times)

pflower

Panoramic Head for H3D
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:03:53 pm »

I have been asked to produce a stitched panorama using an H3D - 3 rows of 3 pictures.  Never done this before but initial tests on a tripod make it clear that I will need a panoramic head to do this.  Looking through the various resources on the internet throws up a lot of heads all of which appear to be directed at DSLRs.  The H3D is considerably heavier than most of Nikon/Canon bodies.

Does anyone know of a panoramic head that would support a H3D?

Thanks

vandevanterSH

Re: Panoramic Head for H3D
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:57:12 pm »

This is will probably do the job...I am planning to upgrade my RRS ultimate pro with the heavier arm.  If you have a Gitzo series 3 or RRS TVC-33 then I would also get the RRS leveling base and mount the pano gear to that rather than to a ball head.

"PG-02 LR: Pano-Gimbal Head with LR-II"

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PG-02-LR&type=4&eq=&desc=PG-02-LR%3a-Pano-Gimbal-Head-with-LR-II

Steve

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:06:15 am »

I have been asked to produce a stitched panorama using an H3D - 3 rows of 3 pictures.  Never done this before but initial tests on a tripod make it clear that I will need a panoramic head to do this.  Looking through the various resources on the internet throws up a lot of heads all of which appear to be directed at DSLRs.  The H3D is considerably heavier than most of Nikon/Canon bodies.

Does anyone know of a panoramic head that would support a H3D?

Thanks

Claus make the pro pano heads, and I am thinking about getting the remote version for a 10m tripod.

Where are you?

When does the job have to be done?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

pflower

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 04:01:06 pm »

I am in London.  Well the client wants it done within the next few weeks which just isn't going to work because London is so flat, dull and grey at present that it is struggle to get out of bed let alone make anything outside a studio look interesting.  So I suspect I have a couple of months for the light to improve.

Who is Claus?

I ran into someone the other day who used a Nodal Ninja 5 with a H2 and said that it worked perfectly well.  None of the rental houses I know are particularly helpful and I am not sure that there is enough in the project to justify buying expensive equipment - although I am quite interested in the idea of very simple 2 or 3 panel stitching for some personal work, so might be interested in a reasonably priced solution I could play with later.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:26 am »

I am in London.  Well the client wants it done within the next few weeks.

Who is Claus?

http://www.dr-clauss.de/VRStationST_EN.htm

I am 2 hour's drive from London, so we could team up.

Can the shot be easily taken from ground, window or roof, or would my 10m tripod be useful?

It was a nice day in The UK midlands yesterday.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Pages: [1]   Go Up