Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 - how to print a centered image on a A4/Letter single sheet?  (Read 2256 times)

Pepi_No

Does anyone know how to do that...it seems pretty impossible both
with PS5 and LR3...

Thanks

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Epson 9900 - how to print a centered image on a A4/Letter single sheet?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:12 pm »

What OS?

By default, the 9900 has unequal margins. If you make a custom page with 4 equal margins of at least .56" you should be able to center an image in the margins (more or less...some of that depends on the accuracy of loading the paper).

Pepi_No

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:16:03 am »

Thanks for your reply.
I'm under Mac Os 10.6
So after setting the custom size, shall I check the "center image" box?

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:42 pm »

Clicking on "Center Image" gets you close, but only centers the image on the printable area of the page. I, too, print on "letter" and simple have a print template that on a vertical, pushes the image down a tad and on a horizontal, pushes over from the left. Usually, I click in the box and hit the arrow key down or left two clicks and it's very close to the center of the paper.

An easier way may be this:

Make your canvas size the same as your paper size and when you tell it to print, toggle-off "Center Image" and set the top and left to "0". When it warns you that the print is too large for the paper, tell it ok.

With a template for printing that you paste your image into you'll save having to do this every time. Simply copy your pre-sized image and paste into the center of your output sheet template that you've saved with the print settings ready to go and you can print almost effortlessly.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up