Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minolta Scan Elite 5400  (Read 1821 times)

Erik

Minolta Scan Elite 5400
« on: May 25, 2003, 10:05:18 pm »

Hi Dean,

At this moment Minolta has only handmade versions available for demonstration at trade shows and such. There are no tests yet, as there are no serial versions available. Of course this will change soon.

I am very confident that it will be a good scanner, although with a resolution like that it will probably be suffering from the lack of a glass holder. It is like with slow films: the finer the grain, the smaller the depth of field. So film flatness will be vital with this scanner. Considering that fact that the holders are leaving space around the image area, it will even be more of an issue because that'll leave less support to keep the film flat.

The fact that they have put a device called Grain Dissolver into it is very promising, because being the maker of the Scanhancer 5LE that uses the same principle, I know this will give a lot of improvement on film grain issues and ICE artifacts.

Cheers!

Erik
http://www.scanhancer.com

Dean

Minolta Scan Elite 5400
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 11:07:39 am »

Minolta has announced a new 5400 dpi 35mm film scanner, the Scan Elite 5400.  One web site has a pre-order price of $999.  Shipping is susposed to commence mid-June or July.  I have found no reviews of this new scanner, yet.  Is anyone aware of any revirews of this scanner?  Is anyone aware of any new film scanners from Nikon or Canon?
Pages: [1]   Go Up