Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Common sense camera design  (Read 5961 times)

LKaven

Re: Common sense camera design
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »

This might sound a bit unusual, but I'd like to have a binocular finder.  Practicality aside, I find I /see/ better with two eyes than with either one of them.  And strangely enough, photography seems to require seeing.

On the more practical side, my left eye is just a bit worse than my right, and I'd love it if I could use my right.  Anyone else here try to use their DSLRs with their right eye?

G.L.

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 02:28:20 pm »

Practicality aside, I find I /see/ better with two eyes than with either one of them.  And strangely enough, photography seems to require seeing.

On the more practical side, my left eye is just a bit worse than my right, and I'd love it if I could use my right.  Anyone else here try to use their DSLRs with their right eye?
I now must use my right eye. Being at ease with that need practice, not a change one would forget after a week or two, but a possible change anyway...

An intermediary solution was to use a live-view camera. With an adjustable screen, one can old such camera like a Rolleyflex TTL camera, not at arm length...

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 09:32:43 am »

As an oily nosed big beaked person I've read this thread with much interest. From afar people always assume I have a Canon pro-zoom on my camera but it's just my nose. :-[

My thoughts always revolved around designing the camera so the eyepiece at the bottom lefthand side of the body.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up