Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture one - local adjustmet expouser only?  (Read 6101 times)

MamiyaZdUser

Capture one - local adjustmet expouser only?
« on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:56 pm »

Hi all

When I do local adjustment it disable everything beside the exposure control.
I am on Win 7 64 bit.

I read I am not the only one that encounter it..
Any idea, update, something?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:51:16 pm by MamiyaZdUser »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Capture one bug - local adjustmet expouser only
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:41:01 pm »

I am on Win 7 64 bit.

I read I am not the only one that encounter it..
Any idea, update, something?

Version 6.0 introduced Local Adjustments to Capture One for the first time. In this first version of Local Adjustments are limited to exposure (dodge/burn), Color Editor Adjustments (including saturation, skin tone, luminance, and hue), Sharpening, and Moire Control.

So assuming you're commenting on the fact that other tools such as contrast and highlight/shadow recovery are not available then this is not a bug. I can't comment on the future of the Local Adjustments tool other than to say that Phase One released a first generation of a very important and powerful tool and it's hard to imagine that after all the R+D to develop the tool that they would not continue to invest in improving it.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

MamiyaZdUser

Re: Capture one - local adjustmet expouser only?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »

Thanks

I missed the point that the advanced color editor is working - strange that the basic editor is not working in local adj.

I really hope they will open it for all changes, this will save me to work with Viveza or Capture NX.

* I have changed the title to avoid the "bug" word, perhaps you can do the same?
thanks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:52:43 pm by MamiyaZdUser »

tho_mas

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 05:07:31 pm »

just make sure to switch back to the "background" layer to adujst the actual capture with all tools available.
the limited set of tools only applies to the layers... but all other tools are still working for the background layer.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »

I really hope they will open it for all changes, this will save me to work with Viveza or Capture NX.

The way local adjustments are implemented in C1 6, it sure seems like the intent is to have all image adjustments available as both global and local adjustments over time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of gradient application of local adjustments but that's speculation at this point.

Baby steps...

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 08:46:40 am »

The way local adjustments are implemented in C1 6, it sure seems like the intent is to have all image adjustments available as both global and local adjustments over time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of gradient application of local adjustments but that's speculation at this point.

Baby steps...
I've been using C1pro since time began, but stopped using it as my primary tool (use LR instead) before version 4.  I recently upgraded to 6pro, watched the videos, and am trying to see if I can at least duplicate what I do in LR on a regular basis before exploring further.  Pardon me for asking this as I'm sure it's been covered 'somewhere' but does 6pro offer an "automask" feature for the localized editing?  And is there a way to adjust the brush size via the scroll wheel directly without extra mouse clicks?

My very first impression of 6pro is very positive, much to offer and in many ways seems a generation or two ahead of LR.  Yet, some basic functions are stumping me at the moment.  The lack of gradient functions is one such function as is automask.  It's one heck of a learning curve, but the videos were sure helpful.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

selsoe

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 05:31:11 am »

Pardon me for asking this as I'm sure it's been covered 'somewhere' but does 6pro offer an "automask" feature for the localized editing?  And is there a way to adjust the brush size via the scroll wheel directly without extra mouse clicks?

I'm not sure what automask does, but from the name I don't think it's available in Capture One. The brush size can be adjusted either by right clicking (ctrl+clicking) while having the brush cursor selected or by the keyboard shortcuts [ and ]. The keyboard shortcuts can be changed in the Keyboard Shortcut Editor, in the Capture One menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up