Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Sironar Digaron-W 90mm the same as the older Sinaron Digital 90mm?  (Read 5773 times)

PaulSchneider

Hi guys,

just wondering whether these two lenses:

Rodenstock Sironar HR-W Digaron 90mm 5.6 lens

is the same as

Sinaron Digital 90mm 5.6?

Becuase the Rodenstock literature says that the HR-W Digaron 90mm was once called Sironar-S digital and was renamed HR-W since it a) was calculated from the beginning on to higher standards which would later on be labeled under "HR" and since b) it has a wider image circle than usual.

My guess now is that the Sinaron Digital 90mm is the corresponding lens to the Sironar-S digital and hence the same as a Digaron-W vers. of the 90mm?

Thank you for any inputs!

Kind regards

Paul

tho_mas

Re: Is the Sironar Digaron-W 90mm the same as the older Sinaron Digital 90mm?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 12:53:09 pm »

See here:
http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/en/main/products/lenses-for-digital-photography/hr-digaron-w/
At the moment this series includes the focal lengths 40 mm, 50 mm, 70 mm and 90 mm (both last-mentioned lenses Apo-Sironar digital 70 mm f/5.6 and 90 mm f/5.6 already met the high demands of the new concept and have been re-named as HR Digaron-W)
"Apo-Sironar Digital" 70 & 90 = "Digaron-W" 70 & 90.

"Sinaron Digital" are Sinar lenses.

Whether the "Sinaron Digital" are just Sinar-branded "Apo Sironar Digital" or different lenses... I don't know (actually I would guess they are just re-branded...).

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 05:37:29 pm »

there seems to be some discrepancy in the image circle for example compared with the sinar spec sheet
sinar digital lens data sheets
Edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

PaulSchneider

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »

I just got an email from Rodenstock confirming that there has only been made one 90mm digital lens throughout all these years. The discrepancy in image circle stats comes from different kinds of measuring at different distances to the lens.

Question solved! Thanks guys!

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:23:46 am »

I just got an email from Rodenstock confirming that there has only been made one 90mm digital lens throughout all these years. The discrepancy in image circle stats comes from different kinds of measuring at different distances to the lens.

Question solved! Thanks guys!

And it's a very, very good lens, it's my go-to lens for demonstrating the capabilities of the Aptus-II 12. A perfect match!!!

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

archivue

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 05:18:08 pm »

really good lens and sometimes incredibly cheap in second hand !

narikin

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:44:10 pm »

Are you using this for digital stitching or heavy swings/tilts?  That's the only reason to buy the Digaron-W range.
if you are using it single shot work on Digital MF, then you are better served by the Digaron-S range (formerly 'Apo-Sironar Digital HR')

These have much higher resolution, faster apertures, and near zero CA.
Expensive, but its an incredible 15 element design... compare the MTF charts at Rodenstock's site.

but - if you are stitching, then indeed the -W is the one.  

rhsu

Brilliant lens - played with it on arTec - shame that it CANNOT be mounted on a Cambo TS board.  Cambo never mounted one before and I passed their offer to try it for me so that was very kind of them.

ChristopherBarrett

I think that 90 and the 70 are among the best price performers on the market.  Very inexpensive and really wonderful lenses both of them!

CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up