Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Insurance  (Read 3237 times)

Zachary Goulko

Business Insurance
« on: December 15, 2010, 05:59:50 pm »

I am currently looking for business insurance, to cover my equipment as well as liability.
My work is primarily in-studio, but I do work on location from time to time.
I would love to know what companies you guys use for photography specific business insurance, that are reputable and reasonable.
Thanks!
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Re: Business Insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:21:29 pm »

I am currently looking for business insurance, to cover my equipment as well as liability.
My work is primarily in-studio, but I do work on location from time to time.
I would love to know what companies you guys use for photography specific business insurance, that are reputable and reasonable.
Thanks!

Would help if we knew where you're located - your profile nor your website has that info.

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 08:23:19 pm »

My studio is located in northern New Jersey.
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

JoeKitchen

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:19:26 pm »

I use a very good and reputable independent insurance agent that works with about 20 different insurance companies.  It enable him to put together quotes from a few different companies and get the best combo of price and coverage.  For instance all of my equipment is covered along with $4 mil yearly liability with $2 mil aggregate.  Most location require 2 and 1 mil coverage, but 4 and 2 defiantly adds to the professionalism.  Total yearly coverage from the Hartford Group is less than a grand; I do not have a studio and always shoot on location which may make a difference.

E-mail me if you want the name of my agent, I believe that he is licensed in NJ, joe@jmk-photography.com.  

I should also add that I know a couple public adjusters and my agent is one of the few they say actually knows what he is doing.  I say this primarily so that you know if you go the independent agent route that you get a good agent, or the package that can be put together will be lacking in some areas.  You also may considering getting your eyes insured; I do not but some photography plans include it.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:21:40 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 08:55:13 am »

Hi Joe,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I am sending you an email shortly!
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com