Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing with CS5  (Read 3040 times)

NigelC

Printing with CS5
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:54:40 pm »

I recently installed an upgrade to CS5 from my previous CS2. Having been away, not had chance to do any printing until earlier this week, when I needed to print something in a bit of a hurry I was a bit panicked by not seeing "Print with Preview", thinking something must have gone wrong between PS installation and printer driver (Epson 3800) and therefore able to select paper profile. So I reverted to CS2, which happily I had not uninstalled as haven't sorted Twain plugins yet. I have now figured that Adobe has changed the print dialogue so the same colour management options are accessible through the Print Command. Out of curiosity, as I had free upgraded to CS5 via a CS4 upgrade, I tried that and very similiar to CS5. So when did Adobe change this - in CS3?

madmanchan

• Web
Re: Printing with CS5
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 02:51:43 pm »

Correct. "Print with Preview" was the name of the dialog in CS2. It is now simply called "Print..."
Eric Chan

ron ritcher

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »

Questions along this same line:

I have used Imageprint for years, so "forgot" how to print with PS.  But I'm now using a paper that Ip hasn't yet provided a profile for, and tried Photoshop (CS 5 and an iMac).  Like Nigel, I don't find a "print with preview" option, AND I CANNOT, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, FIND A PLACE TO INDICATE PAPER TYPE OR SIZE. The "Print" dialogue lets me select a profile and paper orientation, but nothing much else.  What am I missing???

Thanks in advance!

--Ron

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 03:59:04 pm »

What am I missing???

See the button called Print Settings? Click it and it allows access to the page setup (Mac) and the print driver and properties (Windows). Note these can be stored in an action to setup specific page setup and driver settings. So while not as powerful as Lightroom's Print Presets, it's pretty close...

RFPhotography

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 04:00:17 pm »

Ron, while I'm not on a Mac, in my case the paper size is selected in the printer set up of the Epson driver rather than in the PS print settings.

ron ritcher

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 10:36:30 pm »

Thanks for the attempts to help!  Still having trouble, though...

Schewe;  I have gone into Print Settings, where my previously-chosen Imageprint is the default. Moving into Drivers, I can't even find my Epson Stylus Pro 3800 among the myriad choices.  Now what?

Bob:  I'm so computer unsavy, please explain how I access the Epson driver rather than PS settings.

Again, thanks for your efforts, Guys!

--Ron

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 10:50:26 pm »

Schewe;  I have gone into Print Settings, where my previously-chosen Imageprint is the default. Moving into Drivers, I can't even find my Epson Stylus Pro 3800 among the myriad choices.  Now what?

Troubleshooting 101...what OS? What print driver? But if you can't find your 3800 diver in Print Settings, I suspect you have more problems that we can help you with until or unless you provide really basic info. Bottom line? RTFM...it'a pretty basic stuff, ya know?

Electromen

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 07:53:20 pm »

You mentioned earlier that your on an iMac.
On my Mac Pro and Epson 3800 in Photoshop CS5 it works this way:
File > Print
at the top center select your printer
Print Settings > select printer > Preset can be Standard or any you've created
Paper Size
Layout > switch this to Printer Settings
Select Media Type
Print Mode > AccuPhoto HD
Color Mode > Off
Output Resolution > SuperPhoto 1440 dpi
Leave everything else unchecked
Save

Back in the Print dialog box
On the right side > Color Handling > Photoshop Manages Colors
Printer Profile > select your profile for the paper
Rendering Intent > should match the setting used when the profile was created usually Relative or Perceptual > Sometimes Perceptual will give a lighter output.
Since my paper profiles where created by me using the XRite Color Munki, I use perceptual because that's the setting I used when I created the profile.
Check Black Point Compensation
Print
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:55:05 pm by Electromen »

Electromen

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 07:59:45 pm »

If you're running Snow Leopard 10.6.5
Your Epson Driver should be Version 6.11
You can check it this way
System Preferences > Print and Fax > select the 3800 > Options and Supplies > General
Pages: [1]   Go Up