Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Qimage on a Mac  (Read 6702 times)

shewhorn

• http://
Re: Using Qimage on a Mac
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 12:36:00 pm »

Thanks!  Wiki FAQ updated with this new information:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/Plugin+Bit+Depth

Thanks John... I'd go with what Scott says though as he makes a lot more sense.

Cheers, Joe

John Hollenberg

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 12:50:38 pm »

I am going to re-revise the FAQ to go with what Scott thinks is the most likely correct answer.  Thanks.

Light Seeker

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

I just wanted to chime in and also recommend ImageNest. I stopped using Qimage since the 3.0 version of Imagenest came out. The new version they are working on will have print sharpening built in along with many other options.

I used Qimage on the PC, before moving to a Mac, and I've really missed it's conveniences. I tried running it under Parallels a few years ago and was not successful. However, I would much prefer something native to the Mac.

I'm encouraged to hear that Imagenest is getting resizing and output sharpening. The lack of those features has kept me from making a purchase in the past. Having said that, does Lightroom really do all the Imagenest does (or is about to do), and more?

Terry.

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 01:03:24 am »

I just wanted to chime in and also recommend ImageNest. I stopped using Qimage since the 3.0 version of Imagenest came out. The new version they are working on will have print sharpening built in along with many other options.

BTW the save paper feature in ImageNest is very nice (for epson printers)

According to the Image Nest website, for Snow Leopard, one has to use the Epson Driver for color management.  I have always thought that this is something to be avoided.

Rob

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 04:04:01 am »

According to the Image Nest website, for Snow Leopard, one has to use the Epson Driver for color management.  I have always thought that this is something to be avoided.

Rob

It usually should be avoided. I guess it is compromising the use of third party media even more. Often driver color management means LUTs in the driver as the reference and they are there for OEM media only. But I'm not familiar with Colorsync's interceptions in cases like that, Not a Mac man.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Spectral plots of +165 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

jlubbers

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 10:13:45 pm »

Thanks for pointing this out.   It does say on the website that users should use "printer manages colors" on 10.6.... I really feel stupid because we changed our color management  with version 3.0 and obviously did not proof read our site well enough.  ImageNest can now manage colors internally on 10.5 and 10.6.   On 10.4 or lower "printer manages colors" remains the only option (not because we want to but 10.4 isn't fully 64 bit)

I will get the site changed right away.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up