Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon W8400  (Read 4967 times)

larafabri

Canon W8400
« on: April 29, 2006, 04:16:02 am »

Hello every one , i would appreciate  comments on the Canon W8400 printer . I know most of the people advise Epson but since the only dealer in my part of the word is closing for the time being my second choice is the Canon or i would have to wait till a second dealer shows up .
Thanks.
Lara

wonder123

Canon W8400
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 02:08:30 pm »

Hello every one , i would appreciate  comments on the Canon W8400 printer . I know most of the people advise Epson but since the only dealer in my part of the word is closing for the time being my second choice is the Canon or i would have to wait till a second dealer shows up .
Thanks.
Lara
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=63998\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi-

I have owned the W8400 for 3 months now, in a professional graphic design studio. It has not been put through all of its paces yet, but prints made from Illustrator and Photoshop have been fantastic. It is fast, very reliable (so far) and fairly easy to set up on a network. I love the feed basket that holds the prints as well. Ink is expensive. When our rep sold the machine to us, they stated that you would get 1250 E4 prints with 35% coverage on the initial heads and inks. 35% coverage is not much in a design studio, for us we are about 95% coverage- We are seeing about 300 prints before an ink refill and maybe 700 prints before a head change.
Overall, we are very happy with the unit. It has the potential to make your studio money. We can sell prints locally for $7.00 a sqf, beet the competition and still make a large profit. We don't do much of this, but when we do, it is a nice supplement to the revenue stream.

Hope this helps-

Brian

JDR

Re: Canon W8400
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:44:07 pm »

I have been using 2 Canon W8400 for the past 6 years. The ink prices are out of control! I print large panoramic group photos for a set price. Thinking about changing printers if I can't find a compatible ink cart. for the W8400.
(BCI -1421). Is anyone using or know who makes a compatible ink for this machine? I have 4 Epsons that I use
compatible inks on and they work great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up