Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harman By Hahnemuhle Gloss Art Fiber Inkjet Paper  (Read 1560 times)

John Hennessy

Harman By Hahnemuhle Gloss Art Fiber Inkjet Paper
« on: December 11, 2014, 04:09:47 pm »

Just bought a box of Harman By Hahnemuhle Gloss Art Fiber Inkjet Paper and made one print today. I'm trying to determine if it should go back because Harman put the wrong paper in the box:  it is not glossy! It is has a pebble surface. The reviews and B&H description say it is glossy, but it isn't. It may be a good paper, but I wanted to try another glossy paper.

Does anyone have this paper and is yours actually glossy?

Thanks

DavidPalermo

Re: Harman By Hahnemuhle Gloss Art Fiber Inkjet Paper
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:34:31 pm »

Yes it is not like the glossy we are used to in the old days like on RC glossy paper.  But it is similar to Museo Silver Rag and Epson Exhibition Fiber paper. It sounds to me like you got the correct paper.  I have a sheet in front of me from the sample pack.  It has a slight texture to and it is not super duper glossy!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:04:40 pm by DavidPalermo »

JayWPage

• Jay W Page Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 08:48:46 pm »

Is it possible that you may be thinking of Harman By Hahnemuhle Gloss Baryta Inkjet Paper? It has a glossy surface.
Jay W Page

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 09:30:30 pm »

Well... let me put it this way: It is not a "superglossy" but it is as glossy as Canson Platine or Hahnemühle Photo Rag Baryta, although with more texture.
This kind of paper is glossier on printed areas and less glossy (almost matte) on unprinted areas.   

huguito

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 02:33:21 pm »

Is that the Harman paper that has a texture much like the Ilford Gold Silk, just a touch colder?

mshea

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 10:04:36 pm »

Right, it's texture is close to GFS. And it's slightly cooler. Only problem I have with it is the curling. The cut sheets (I use 17X25) are nuisance enough, but cutting and working with longer sheets from a roll for wider panos on my 3880 is a major hassle.

Merrill
Pages: [1]   Go Up