Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Light Force  (Read 2573 times)

DwayneOakes

Light Force
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:35:15 am »

Your thoughts on this one

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Riaan van Wyk

Re: Light Force
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 01:51:41 pm »

Dwayne, my feeling is that this might possibly work better in colour. I also think that the foreground leaves need to be sharper ( might be the blur effect you use) since it is what feels for me the lead in, into the frame. 

DwayneOakes

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 10:19:37 pm »

Thank you very much for your honest cc on this one ! I appreciate it !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

slrlounge

• Lin & Jirsa
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:45:10 am »

I agree that this leave me wondering what it would look like with the color in the scene.  However, maybe it's that very question that makes it interesting to the viewer

DwayneOakes

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 08:49:03 am »

I agree that this leave me wondering what it would look like with the color in the scene.  However, maybe it's that very question that makes it interesting to the viewer

Thanks for the comment !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 03:52:09 pm »

Very nice tones, I like it.

Ifocus4u

• Constant Sound and Imaging Studio
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 01:29:13 pm »

Right away I was taken by this shot.  I liked the "dark" feel... since its close to Halloween..  ;)  But as I looked a bit longer I would agree with the other comments about it being in colour and the foreground being sharper.  In saying this.. I still like it the way it is as a more artistic image than a straight photograph...depending on the feeling you wish to evoke.  Well done!

John R

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »

The leaves, probably originally yellow, do not seem to have enough power or interest to hold your attention. Perhaps because they appear so overwhelming white and do not convey, at least to me, the feeling of autumn, as many of your other images do. I don't think you can sharpen the foreground and divorce the overall look from the effect and technique you are trying to use. Unless one does complex layering and masking, it is not possible. I have many times tried to convey autumn in BW, and with few exceptions, the colour versions have far more impact and evoke the feeling of autumn much better than BW. After all, autumn is about colour and we see in colour.

Re your composition, I think if you raised your vantage point and thereby increased the size of the other leaves, it would better distribute the balance of light leaves on the path and lead the eye down that wonderful road of light. But it is not bad, really, just my opinion.

JMR
Pages: [1]   Go Up