Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Stamper - Auchendrain Shoot  (Read 2325 times)

Rob C

For Stamper - Auchendrain Shoot
« on: October 16, 2010, 05:39:33 pm »

Stamper

I found those prints from Auchendrain that I'd had encapsulated in plastic... unfortunately!

It's impossible to light them flat; the things have bubbled somewhat and I can't cut it even with a polarizer, not to mention that there is no studio anymore, and the light is daylight from the terrace! So, the only option I could think of was to go to the side and shoot obliquely. Obviously, that distorts, but for the purpose of showing you the job and not wasting too much time on pointless PSing, here it is.

I think I can only put four up per post, so as there are six shots, I'll do it over two posts.

The style is more or less how I tried to do fashion, too, client permitting!

Rob C

EDIT: Shoot was 16th August, 1974...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:31:15 am by Rob C »

Rob C

Re: For Stamper - Auchendrain Shoot
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:42:22 pm »

Auchendrain Part 2

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:44:15 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 08:29:30 pm »

You are a class act, Rob. I wish others were still doing your kind of work (or that you could find paying clients now!)

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:56:46 pm »

Great work, Rob.  Thanks for sharing them!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 03:49:47 am »

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I too wish the clients were there, believe me!

As much (almost) as I wish I still had the negatives. When we were getting ready to move to Spain I did a bonfire of the vanities number and sold what I could to old clients, saved what I thought was too personal to lose, and shredded the rest. Whoever expected that snaps would sell as art - I sure didn't know about any photo galleries! But, those shots and the other Barbour calendar I shot in the park beside our house were special to me, as was a colour one that I did for them in Glasgow's Pollok House, which stamper will know well,  and the studio (the shot with the black bra, red gown, beads, mirror); there was no way I'd destroy them... but they have vanished. All that's left is some Bardot material and very few trannies; even some of the ones actually used on cals have been lost because they never returned from the scanning/separation companies/printers. It's amazing how lax and out of control working for yourself can actually let you become - you lose track. On the other hand, not only Golden Ages come into play, but male menapause too. That's why you sell a couple of Hasselblads to buy a friggin' Bronica 6x7!

;- )

Rob C
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:04:01 pm by Rob C »

stamper

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 03:52:33 am »

Rob did you shoot any with Barbour Jackets? That would have hid their charms methinks. As Eric states you don't see this kind of thing any more. Worth posting!

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 04:06:25 am »

Hi Stamper

No, I think Barbour, the jackets etc. is a different company altogether, but with textiles you never knew who was who.

Barbour Threads was/is (?) a very old thread company based in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. They exported their cotton reels all over the world. I went over to NI for them and shot a brochure of their factory, too; the ladies working there were very wild! The head honcho I dealt with was a chap from Paisley and we got on quite well (it isn't all how good your pix - for both sides of the relationship).

Ciao -

Rob C

stamper

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 06:10:12 am »

That's surprising Rob? I thought the name would be a trademark that couldn't be copied. It would cause confusion especially in the same line of work. :-\

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 11:41:59 am »

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 12:03:17 pm »

So say I.

Thanks, now I think I'll go have a cold drink to calm the blushes!

Mabe this (I) should be transferred to the 'Cure for the Smugs' section of this zone in 'Photographc Styles'?

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:08:15 pm by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up