I agree on his lack of experience and intent to stir up the pot and make people laugh.
However, there is a pattern with people like him on forums. If i were to profile, i'd guess the following:
1. Has trouble affording gear for his hobby.
2. Is miserable in his own life on some level.
3. Isn't willing to show any shots of their own because he has low self-confidence.
4. Posts a lot on forums that have post counts listed to seemingly have some sort of rank. :rolleyes:
It's sad really. It makes you wonder what's really going on in their real life?... i hate people who hide behind usernames. Stand up and be a man.
</Psychiatrist>
Those are not only a rather nasty and spiteful comments to make, Brendan, but there's not a skerrick of truth to any of them.
I actually get a great deal of satisfaction from my hobby. I find digital photography a vast improvement on the old system of film and chemical darkroom. I enjoy immensely the activity of travelling to exotic locations to photograph new scenes, and sometimes returning to the same locations with better equipment and more experience.
I enjoy the activity of processing the images I take, after I return home, as well as the activity of discussing photographic matters and exploring the continual new developments in image processing software and hardware.
Since I'm retired, I could certainly afford an MFDB system, but I would have a hard time justifying to myself the purchase of such expensive equipment, considering it's weight and lack of flexibility for my purposes.
As for not being willing to show my shots because of low self-confidence, what on earth are you talking about? You don't seem to be making any sense at all. The first image that appeared in this long thread was mine, on page 10 or so.
After more than 7,000 posts on this forum there's probably a couple of hundred or more of my images in various threads on various topics.
As for posting a lot on forums, that's not true again. I post on only one forum, Luminous Landscape, and I only post in topics that interest me, unlike some people who find it necessary to post in topics they find boring.
By the way, Ray (abbreviation for Raymond) is actually my real name.
Can I suggest if you fancy yourself as a psychiatrist, you change occupations

.