Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4x5 Lens Repair  (Read 2691 times)

hacimd

4x5 Lens Repair
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:43:51 am »

I have a 4x5 Rodenstock lens that needs to be repaired.  Does anyone know of a reliable repair center in the U.S. ?  The shutter is only working above 250 s.s.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Richowens

Re: 4x5 Lens Repair
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:51:56 am »

Rod.Klukas

• http://www.rodklukas.com
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 12:21:09 pm »

SK Grimes as mentioned above are great.
They should be able to repair any shutter that is still repairable including some of the oldest.
Rod :)
Rod Klukas
US Representative Arca-Swiss

schrodingerscat

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:33:27 pm »

If you're on the West Coast, try ICT(International Camera Technicians) in Mountain View, California. Manfred is ethical and does quality work.

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 06:13:21 pm »

If you're on the West Coast, try ICT(International Camera Technicians) in Mountain View, California. Manfred is ethical and does quality work.

I live in the Bay Area and have a current model out-of-warranty Canon zoom that has uneven focus side to side. Do you, or does anyone else, know if ICT has an optical bench and has a good record of making such adjustments to lenses? The Bay Area would be convenient for me, but I am willing to ship if someone knows of a better service provider.

The owner of Lensrentals.com suggests that Canon is not always that reliable for doing this kind of service, and he should have quite a bit of experience with repairs of a large volume of equipment. So, since the lens is out of warranty, I am searching for better alternatives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up