Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS5 and Dual Monitors - monitor profile mixup  (Read 2051 times)

Pete_G

CS5 and Dual Monitors - monitor profile mixup
« on: October 03, 2010, 12:21:55 pm »

Maybe someone can clarify this issue:

I've recently moved to a new Win 7 desktop system. I have an HP monitor, set as the Primary Monitor and my NEC calibrated monitor as my secondary monitor. The NEC is my colour accurate screen. Photoshop by default is using the HP monitor profile, and I can't seem to change this to the NEC profile. My workaround is to set the HP monitor to use the NEC profile, forcing CS5 to use this this as the Monitor Profile. I run other apps on the system, but none of are too colour critical, but it would be nice to know if I could somehow get CS5 the use the profile attached to the secondary monitor.

nilo

Re: CS5 and Dual Monitors - monitor profile mixup
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:06:46 am »

From what I understand PS uses the main monitors profile. At least that what it does by me.

good luck and please report back

regards

nino

tived

• http://
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:27:06 pm »

Pete,

set the NEC as your primary monitor, problem solved (well sort of, it would have been nice to be able to pick and choose - now MS and Adobe can point the finger at each other, and we will not get a fix)

thanks

Henrik

Pete_G

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:03:40 am »

Yes I could set the NEC as the primary but it would be a nuisance since it is a 19 inch 1600 x 1200 and the HP is a 24 inch 1900 x 1200, the other app I need to run
prefers the larger monitor as the Primary, so I guess I'm stuck with my current workaround. That's OK, it's just not elegant. Thanks for the replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up