Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I saw the Canon specs  (Read 1967 times)

Ray

I saw the Canon specs
« on: January 11, 2003, 08:45:12 pm »

If the above information is true, that represents an excellent choice for the consumer. Well done! Canon.

Dan Sroka

• http://www.danielsroka.com
I saw the Canon specs
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 05:46:29 pm »

Speculating on new models is fine, but can we avoid unsubstantiated rumors like this?

Josh Martin

I saw the Canon specs
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 09:58:25 am »

Believe it or not the Canon D60 has been discontinued already. Canon is changing their lineup a bit and will be targeting to capture the low end and mid range SLR market with 2 new models.

- The Canon Rebel-D will feature the same 6 megapixel CMOS sensor in the D60 as well as a 5 point auto focus and 1.6 FOV crop. Loosely based on the Rebel film body the camera will be targeted toward the entry level consumer in the digital SLR market and have a limited feature set. Expect the retail price of this model to be $1,599 including accessories.

- Canon EOS-D3....This will be a mid range model that will employ a 8 megapixel full frame CMOS sensor, 12 point autofocus with frame rate possible to ~ 8FPS and ISO 1200. Expected retail value of $3,499.

dbarthel

I saw the Canon specs
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 01:25:19 pm »

I really don't want to see full frame in the EOS-3 version. Maybe a 1.3 multiplier, but no full frame please. I'm spoiled by using the sweet spot in the optics, and having the extra length for birds. More resolution is fine, but, please, please, not full frame.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up