Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OnOne Plug-in Suite 5 Comments  (Read 3715 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
OnOne Plug-in Suite 5 Comments
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:51:44 am »

Just wondering if anyone has used OnOne Plug-in Suite 5?
If you are a member of NAPP until August 31st you can get a $210 discount. This would put the price at $289.95 for the suite.
Have used Nik software and like that one but have never used OnOne Plug-in Suite 5.
Any comments on "OnOne Plug-in Suite 5" with be worth hearing.

Thanks,

Stu

drjdmm

Re: OnOne Plug-in Suite 5 Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 12:48:27 am »

I use both Nik and Onone plug in Suite. Love both programs. Nik is much quicker and the tonal contrast is great for wildlife and landscapes. The Ononse suite is excellent, but  I have not been able to use Onone plug Suite 5 in since upgrading to CS5 - It appears to be incompatable and have not received any response from their support in 3 weeks after repeated request. I hope they get it fixed soon.

StuartOnline

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:44:23 pm »

I use both Nik and Onone plug in Suite. Love both programs. Nik is much quicker and the tonal contrast is great for wildlife and landscapes. The Ononse suite is excellent, but  I have not been able to use Onone plug Suite 5 in since upgrading to CS5 - It appears to be incompatable and have not received any response from their support in 3 weeks after repeated request. I hope they get it fixed soon.

According to their Website CS5 is supposed to work with 32bit and 64bit.
I am using the trial version to try it out. Have not tried all the feature yet but so far the ones I have tried (in 64bit) have worked.
It does insert a water mark with the trial version.
Currently running on a MacBook Pro 2.66.
With the NAPP discount that is good until August 31st I am thinking of purchasing.

DougHerrick

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08:51 pm »

Genuine Fractals is a top notch program and a must have for anyone who produces their own prints. I have not enjoyed the remainder of the suite. I found it hard to use and would crash my computer when I would try to save after a lengthy correction. IMHO: worst money I ever spent on software.

StuartOnline

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:38:46 am »

Genuine Fractals is a top notch program and a must have for anyone who produces their own prints. I have not enjoyed the remainder of the suite. I found it hard to use and would crash my computer when I would try to save after a lengthy correction. IMHO: worst money I ever spent on software.

Doug,

Just wonder if you are using a PC or a Mac?
Currently I am running on a MacBook Pro 2.66 with 8GB DDR3 Ram.
Have not really had the problems you mentions, however I have not yet tried all the features yet.
Still have not decided if I will purchase OnOne Suite 5.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 04:45:59 pm »

It does work on CS5 MAc 64 bits, at least on mine.

They changed the way the plug-ins are launched, they don't show up in the filter menu but have their own dedicated window. I couldn't find it at first, but there is a FAQ on theit site that explains how to make it magically appear as a panel. Not sure to like that part as the design of their panel doesn't really fit that nicely (that's probably on purpose to make it harder for users to forget about them). Anyway, not a big issue.

In terms of content, Genuine fractal Pro is indeed good, especially for those doing canvas prints like myself. I also like Focalpoint 2.0 now that it finally seems to work per the specs in terms of transition between sharp and blurred areas.

Mask Pro is also pretty good, I have found it  to be a good compromise bwteen ease of use and power relative to some other selection plug-ins. I don't see as much value in the other plug-is in the suite.

Recently I end up using plug-ins from topaz labs. They have progressed significantly thanks to the move to 64 bits and are now pretty stable and usable on large images.

Cheers,
Bernard

DougHerrick

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

I run PC. Should that make any difference?

StuartOnline

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 11:27:10 pm »

I run PC. Should that make any difference?

Doug

I was just wondering that is why I asked.
However it could depend on your processor speed and the amount of Ram your system has.
According to their Website: http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=8 with a PC you need at least 1.8 GHz or faster Pentium 4 with at least 2GB Ram. As I had mentioned I am currently using a MacBook Pro 2.66 with 8GB DDR3.

After testing a number of their programs over the past few days at this time I really can't see a need (justify).
I do use Nik Complete Collection software on a regular basics for nearly a year now and that software works great.
The only program that has caught my eye with OnOne was Genuine Fractal. However I can live without it at this time.
With Lightroom 3 along with Photoshop CS5 Extended I do not need more then what I currently have.
A person could go broke purchasing all of these plug-ins.

Lightbox

• http://www.shaunquinlan.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 07:58:25 am »

I've used OnOne Phototools for a long time now and really like the way you can build a look within the plug-in itself, it does have a lot of crap and presets That I would never even use. However the beauty of the plug-in is that you can dial down the opacity of each effect and build a finishing look for your image, I often use 3-4 of the effects included, then use blending modes or opacity once back in photoshop.

Arminw

• http://www.arminweisheit.com
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 08:21:24 am »

OnOne Plugin suit5 Is a great plug in and it works perfectly well on my machine with CS5 64bit. The only one behind is Nik which has so far only made Viveza 2 available for 64 bit applications.
You can't depend on your eyes when your
Pages: [1]   Go Up