Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indicated Time  (Read 1820 times)

Rob C

Indicated Time
« on: August 16, 2010, 03:30:31 pm »

Is there any way of changing the times shown against posts to the user's local time?

To save space and not be greedy on raising new topics: I was hitting a point yesterday where, if I typed beyond the confines of the box as it first shows, the line I was typing would vanish below the horizon. This was later corrected, but the system seems to have slipped back into its former mode. Can it be fixed again, please?

Rob C
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:23:10 am by Rob C »

Riaan van Wyk

Re: Indicated Time
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:39:43 pm »

I tried to quote a text of your's Rob and as soon as I would type a letter my sentence would vanish towards the bottom of the page. I gave up eventually.

mguertin

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 02:15:25 pm »

As stated in another thread I will look into this.  If you can tell me your browser version and OS version it is helpful.  I haven't been able to replicate this problem here on my end as of yet.

mguertin

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 02:17:00 pm »

Is there any way of changing the times shown against posts to the user's local time?

Time zone's can adjusted in your Profile->Look and Layout Preferences, but I'm not sure if it can do what you're looking for ... it always represents the post times in your selected time zone setting.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:57:15 pm »

Time zone's can adjusted in your Profile->Look and Layout Preferences, but I'm not sure if it can do what you're looking for ... it always represents the post times in your selected time zone setting.

No, Mark it doesn't work. The minute I put the arrow next to the end of the PM part of the currently shown date, and click, the page reverts at once to something else.

mguertin

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 03:00:12 pm »

No, Mark it doesn't work. The minute I put the arrow next to the end of the PM part of the currently shown date, and click, the page reverts at once to something else.

Hmm I'm not sure I understand what you're looking to do then.

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 03:13:42 pm »

Okay - what I did was follow your instructions as follows: Profile>Look and Layout Preferences.

That brings up a page with various details, including the time shown towards the bottom of the page. It ends in PM and when I attempt to alter that by typìng in new information, it just switches off to another part of the LuLa forum. I assume it isn't a place deigned for user input, just an information resource.

Regarding the other problem of running out of visible typing space, it has happened just now, on another post I wrote just before I reopened this slot to see if you'd picked up on the problem. Which you had!

Rob C

mguertin

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 03:42:34 pm »

Okay - what I did was follow your instructions as follows: Profile>Look and Layout Preferences.

That brings up a page with various details, including the time shown towards the bottom of the page. It ends in PM and when I attempt to alter that by typìng in new information, it just switches off to another part of the LuLa forum. I assume it isn't a place deigned for user input, just an information resource.

Regarding the other problem of running out of visible typing space, it has happened just now, on another post I wrote just before I reopened this slot to see if you'd picked up on the problem. Which you had!

Rob C

Ok a couple of things.  Try quitting IE8, clearing cache, and re launching and see if that makes the scrollbar/textarea problem go away.

Second, to modify the time layouts you're in the right page, but not the right spot.  You have 2 options to change formats there.  FIrst thing to do is make sure you're setup with the right "Time Offset" .. clicking on the auto-detect link beside it should work for that.  Next you can change the displayed "Time Format" in the field above that by either using the pulldown menu to select a pre-formatted one, or you can manually enter in the textbox .. click the little question mark beside it for help on how to do the manual ones.

Either way I don't think it's going to do what you want it to do (to show the local time of each poster's posts if I understand correctly) ... the forum will only shows posts in your local time, in other words, one timezone to rule them all :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up