Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats going on with my ipf 8300?  (Read 1871 times)

Jozef Zajaz

Whats going on with my ipf 8300?
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:34 am »

I get these blue stuff.

I did a A cleaning and after that 2 nozzle checks looks the same.

Then i printed a 44" x 1" strip which looked perfectly fine but then at the end of that paper i got the blue mark again aas u can se on the far left of the nozzle check. (not on the print area)

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: Whats going on with my ipf 8300?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:27:32 am »

Have you checked to see if there's ink smeared on any of the rollers inside the printer?

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:46:23 am »

Have you checked to see if there's ink smeared on any of the rollers inside the printer?

Neil

Not what i could see. But now when i looked closer there was some blue ink just left of where the printheads are located when they are not in use. I wiped it, but still have the same problem.

fetish

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:14:18 pm »

I think there's a piece of persistent debris (probably left over from some head strike or coagulated paper particles) stuck somewhere near the cyan nozzles which is gathering ink and smudging them all over the place, and also so stubborn that normal cleaning procedures cannot get rid of it.

here's a trick i used on my heavily gunked 9800 some time back..

I infused a piece of wet non-woven floor wipe (the type that comes in a packet and fits over a floor cleaning stick thingie) with some window cleaning solution, folded it so that it's thick and has ridges and stuff, and place it directly in the print head's moving path (with the print head carriage unlocked and printer off of course)
then I move the print head slowly across the wipe and back again ONCE. that should physically remove most of the gunk.
then run a nozzle check and standard cleaning procedure.

This solved my problem more than once when epson techs totally give up and ask me to replace the head.

Just thought it might help with the canon as well.

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:17:22 pm »

I think there's a piece of persistent debris (probably left over from some head strike or coagulated paper particles) stuck somewhere near the cyan nozzles which is gathering ink and smudging them all over the place, and also so stubborn that normal cleaning procedures cannot get rid of it.

here's a trick i used on my heavily gunked 9800 some time back..

I infused a piece of wet non-woven floor wipe (the type that comes in a packet and fits over a floor cleaning stick thingie) with some window cleaning solution, folded it so that it's thick and has ridges and stuff, and place it directly in the print head's moving path (with the print head carriage unlocked and printer off of course)
then I move the print head slowly across the wipe and back again ONCE. that should physically remove most of the gunk.
then run a nozzle check and standard cleaning procedure.

This solved my problem more than once when epson techs totally give up and ask me to replace the head.

Just thought it might help with the canon as well.

great. will try it. I have a spare print head in the studio if i screw anything up.

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »

Didn't help :(

How do i know what printhead to replace?

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 03:06:45 pm »

Figured it out.

Seems to work fine now :)

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 05:29:19 pm »

What was the problem?
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 05:35:53 pm »

It was the left printhead.

I figured out how to find out which one it was i needed to replace.

ronmart

• Ron Martinsen's Photography Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 04:07:08 am »

It was the left printhead.

I figured out how to find out which one it was i needed to replace.

Did you contact Canon about this? The 8300's aren't that old so if you are the first owner then you shouldn't be dealing with bad print heads this early in the game. I know from my printing series and working closely with Canon that they are very sensitive to this issue. You shouldn't be eating the cost of a bad print head on a 8300 right now. Contact me if Canon support doesn't resolve this matter for you and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up