Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two more :)  (Read 2731 times)

EricDosSantosPhotography

Two more :)
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:52:21 am »

Finished editing these two tonight. The theme is androgyny. I'm in love with medium format!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:54:02 am by EricDosSantosPhotography »

ondebanks

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:02:00 am »

Quote from: EricDosSantosPhotography
Finished editing these two tonight. The theme is androgyny. I'm in love with medium format!

It's 1981 all over again. The seagulls are flocking.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:02:14 pm »

Quote from: ondebanks

ofderiver?

Um, no; closer to 1970 and the C&A ads. or my own for HoF during the same period. The white on white, I mean.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:07:24 pm by Rob C »

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 02:26:46 pm »

Quote from: ondebanks

Music in the 80's was one of few artistic expressions that was any good.... the brown wood panel walls, and faux wood furnitures with Formica counters sure didn't help!

...and it wasn't fashion with parachute pants or rolled up hems....not even makeup with Cindy Lauper hair dews...hahaha....I also see the thin tie is back in, with some undersized suites ;-)
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 02:34:25 pm »

Just realized on the second BW image, that thats her right leg...might want to define that a touch to sep from bkgrd.

(I am ebarrased to admit that at first glance....the legs looked like shirt tails and I couldn't make sense of the shrunken thin legs (coat foldss) behind the white shirt)....

Oh boy.....I need to make another espresso...
this time with a bit more tamp and finer grind !

Mr. Rib

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:40:42 pm »

Quote from: Phil Indeblanc
Just realized on the second BW image, that thats her right leg...

uhm, which BW image?  

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 02:41:29 pm »

Quote from: Phil Indeblanc
Music in the 80's was one of few artistic expressions that was any good.... the brown wood panel walls, and faux wood furnitures with Formica counters sure didn't help!

...and it wasn't fashion with parachute pants or rolled up hems....not even makeup with Cindy Lauper hair dews...hahaha....I also see the thin tie is back in, with some undersized suites ;-)

Patrick Bateman, the rather irreverent music critic, has the most insightful summary of 80s pop.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 02:51:13 pm »

Quote from: Mr. Rib
uhm, which BW image?  

there are only 2 up....ok...just the second toned one

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 10:22:53 pm »

Rob:  I was thinking, I had hair like that in the 70s!  Then again, I still do... it's just a little whiter now, and I have a more pronounced forehead...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 04:38:10 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Rob:  I was thinking, I had hair like that in the 70s!  Then again, I still do... it's just a little whiter now, and I have a more pronounced forehead...

Mike.

Shows you how mistaken one can be judging from appearances: I had imagined, from the avatar image, that you were the newer life form represented; this fresh information puts an entirely new face to proceedings! What it means, then, is that you are in the same band as Ray and, now, myself. Spritual, in a way; mystical and with that certain je ne sais quoi that we, of a certain season, find irresistible.

I use to keep it long from the time of the Beatles, but it didn't really seem to grow that spectacularly - I blame the machinations of Fusco, Glasgow's top cutter for gents, in my previous incarnation as a Tony Curtis/Dean Martin clone - all that hot air and chemical whatever mixed with blatant offers of 'something for the weekend, sir? to a youngster who could barely afford the haircut, never mind the rubbery goodies on offer! (I see they are now part of a current takeover bid on the markets.) Anyway, early tribulations aside, my wife used to cut my hair from the 60s until she died and I just can't face the emotional/stylistic alternative of an impersonal cutter again, so I now sport a ponytail as a perfect way of avoiding the situation.

Actually, I can play The Killer's Thirty-nine and Holding without any sense of shame whatsoever: it really represents a positive take on life; a refusal to cut one's own throat (or hair) because the numbers don't stack up as others might think that they should.

Keepa the faith, as Mr Fusco might have said, though being a modern jazz fanatic (he, not I), I'm not so sure about that.

Rob C
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:40:08 am by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up