Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M8 black body with many extras  (Read 903 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

M8 black body with many extras
« on: July 19, 2010, 02:07:33 pm »

LISTED ON ebay:
FOR SALE, NO RESERVE.

If you ever longed to get into Leica rangefinder digital photography, here is your chance to get a complete kit (less lens). All bought brand new by me. I am a 73 year old retired engineer and amateur photographer. Everything has had very little use. All looks and operates as new. Included is the following:
(1) M8 black body. Everything included as new, including body cap, strap, battery, battery charger, car charger, instruction book, original box and CDs.
(2) Leica Handgrip, black, original box.
(3) “Thumbs Up” accessory grip (magnificent addition to handling) Model 1 with box
(4) Leica “Coder Kit” made by Match Technical Services .

The body is superb. If you look with a magnifier, you may find several spots on the leading edge of the top, the size smaller than a pin point. I will attempt to photograph them with a high quality Macro lens, but they may not show. Range/viewfinder is magnificent, bright and clear. The last photo I took was image L1001265.DNG. I am not sure if this means there have been 1265 shutter actuations or not, but trust me, it has very little use. If any potential buyer out there knows how to determine the actual exact number of actuations, let me know, and I will find out the exact number.

The grip is also superb. It still has the clear plastic film on the bottom.

The Thumbs Up is also in perfect condition, as is the Coder Kit.

I have researched some comparable prices and found the following:
M8 Body, used from $2799 (KEH, LN-), to $2995 (mint Tamarkin Co.)
Hand Grip is $229 at B&H (new-can’t find a used price)
Thumbs Up (I think I paid around $125 or so new, but I have not found a  used price).

My starting bid is MUCH lower....This is a no reserve auction , sale to US only.
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up