Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bibble 5.1 out but still lacks support for some cameras  (Read 1254 times)

jhmaw

Bibble 5.1 out but still lacks support for some cameras
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:55:11 pm »

I'm really just having a gripe about the fact that even now, almost eighteen months after we were promised Bibble 5, this software is still incomplete. Today they announced 5.1 and for the first time is seems to have most or all the features that were in Bibble 4 and which were intended to be in V5. Unfortunately they still haven't got round to supporting all the cameras and backs that were supported in V4.

I know for a fact (because I have an email from them confirming it) that they had intended at least most of the currently unsupported cameras to be supported - including mine. Unfortunately the have not done anything significant about it. In fact they have been quicker to add new cameras than to restore the previously supported ones.

Don't get me wrong. I think Bibble is a fine piece of software, particularly now that it's full set of functions have finally been restored (and not before time). I just feel that they have short changed some of their customers who purchased Bibble 4 in the belief that V5 was around the corner and would work with the same cameras as V4.

James R

Bibble 5.1 out but still lacks support for some cameras
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:07:59 am »

Quote from: jhmaw
I'm really just having a gripe about the fact that even now, almost eighteen months after we were promised Bibble 5, this software is still incomplete. Today they announced 5.1 and for the first time is seems to have most or all the features that were in Bibble 4 and which were intended to be in V5. Unfortunately they still haven't got round to supporting all the cameras and backs that were supported in V4.

I know for a fact (because I have an email from them confirming it) that they had intended at least most of the currently unsupported cameras to be supported - including mine. Unfortunately the have not done anything significant about it. In fact they have been quicker to add new cameras than to restore the previously supported ones.

Don't get me wrong. I think Bibble is a fine piece of software, particularly now that it's full set of functions have finally been restored (and not before time). I just feel that they have short changed some of their customers who purchased Bibble 4 in the belief that V5 was around the corner and would work with the same cameras as V4.

Bibble 5 was released and not hardly a post about it.  Thinking the long period between upgrades may have cost them some of their base.  That happened to Capture 1 between versions 3.7 and 4--C1 v5 is a great.  Hope Bibble gets it right for those who have stayed true to the program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up