Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens AF induced camera shake?  (Read 958 times)

narikin

Lens AF induced camera shake?
« on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:12 pm »

working recently with one of the new Phase 110mm AF lenses on my DF body, it was noticeable how the quick, responsive AF would jog the camera in my hands as it came to a stop on hitting focus.  Those big elements on 110mm lenses seem to induce this much more than the standard 80mm D I have been used to - it was never something I noticed with that lens.

anyone have the same experience - or is this a known issue?

of the bigger 35mm AF lenses, I have used the Canon 85 f1.2, and the 200mm f2, and both have a little bit of judder, but much less than the stop-bump which Phase makes.  maybe Canon know this problem and have programmed a soft stop for the lens as it nears its focus mark?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:22:48 pm by narikin »

JonathanBenoit

Lens AF induced camera shake?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 04:21:46 pm »

Quote from: narikin
working recently with one of the new Phase 110mm AF lenses on my DF body, it was noticeable how the quick, responsive AF would jog the camera in my hands as it came to a stop on hitting focus.  Those big elements on 110mm lenses seem to induce this much more than the standard 80mm D I have been used to - it was never something I noticed with that lens.

anyone have the same experience - or is this a known issue?

of the bigger 35mm AF lenses, I have used the Canon 85 f1.2, and the 200mm f2, and both have a little bit of judder, but much less than the stop-bump which Phase makes.  maybe Canon know this problem and have programmed a soft stop for the lens as it nears its focus mark?

It shouldn't matter. You capture the photograph after the lens is focused.
I'm picturing that Burger King commercial with the guy that has small hands and is afraid to buy the burger because its large size will make his hands look even smaller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up