Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS4 only opens one file before stalling  (Read 1275 times)

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
Photoshop CS4 only opens one file before stalling
« on: May 31, 2010, 05:54:14 pm »

Hello,

I've had this problem a bunch and it's really annoying me.  I can open a photo from Bridge, Lightroom 2.7 and the Finder, but once an image is open, I'm unable to open another image until I shut down photoshop.  It does appear I can open images by going file>open from within photoshop, but that's not very helpful.  I completely uninstalled and reinstalled PS CS4 and it hasn't changed.  Any ideas?  Oh, I'm working with PSD's but it seems to not matter what the file type is.

Thanks,

Eli

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:01:49 pm »

What are your system specs?
~ CB

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 01:22:12 am »

Quote from: Chris_Brown
What are your system specs?

Mac Pro running the latest 10.6 (.3?) Not on that computer right now.  
LR 2.7
8 GB ram and tons of HD space

It's just really weird and I feel like I've tried everything.  I did just download CS5 though, and there's no problem there.  I'm doing the trial and probably will upgrade, but I hate having to upgrade for that reason.  (Luckily, it seems there is plenty of reason to upgrade nonetheless.)

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 04:44:12 am »

Quote from: EliBurak
Mac Pro running the latest 10.6 (.3?) Not on that computer right now.  
LR 2.7
8 GB ram and tons of HD space

It's just really weird and I feel like I've tried everything.  I did just download CS5 though, and there's no problem there.  I'm doing the trial and probably will upgrade, but I hate having to upgrade for that reason.  (Luckily, it seems there is plenty of reason to upgrade nonetheless.)
Have you tried to run Photoshop from a different user account? If it works then it would indicate that some of your preference files are corrupt.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:44:38 am by francois »
Francois

fredjeang

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 08:31:46 am »

Eli,

Do you have installed in CS4 a antigue version of Silver effex pro on a previous instalation like CS3?
Check that out. You may want to remove the plug-in in CS4 and reinstall CS3 (keeping the CS4).

Don't ask me the why tech of this wired statement, but I had a similar issue and the plug-in was the cause.

Anyway, I run both CS3 and now CS4 64 bits and older applications are in the CS3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up