Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: highlight recovery with multiple exposures from a Leaf Valey22 DB  (Read 983 times)

gebseng

Hi all,

hopefully not too off topic:

I am using a Valeo 22wi to shoot interiors, trying to use not too much additional light in the process, in order to keep the athmosphere.
I am using LC11 for processing the files, and really find the results very pleasing, compared to other raw converters.
But I am a little frustrated about the lack of a "highlight recovery" option like in Adobe Camera Raw etc., which is a tool I really need to recover detail from windows, lamps etc..
Since I'm shooting multiple exposures anyway, I tried to merge those light and dark files in the Photoshop CS5 HDR tool, but without any pleasing results (I am not a huge fan of the "HDR" look, just trying to recver some detail in blown highlights).
Does anybody have experience with a workflow that allows me to process my MOS files in LC11, and do highlight recovery later?

thanks,

geb

Ed Jack

highlight recovery with multiple exposures from a Leaf Valey22 DB
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:21:05 pm »

I think Light room is compatible with the Valeo backs and I find the highlight recovery feature of this software to be great.
Ed

Quote from: gebseng
Hi all,

hopefully not too off topic:

I am using a Valeo 22wi to shoot interiors, trying to use not too much additional light in the process, in order to keep the athmosphere.
I am using LC11 for processing the files, and really find the results very pleasing, compared to other raw converters.
But I am a little frustrated about the lack of a "highlight recovery" option like in Adobe Camera Raw etc., which is a tool I really need to recover detail from windows, lamps etc..
Since I'm shooting multiple exposures anyway, I tried to merge those light and dark files in the Photoshop CS5 HDR tool, but without any pleasing results (I am not a huge fan of the "HDR" look, just trying to recver some detail in blown highlights).
Does anybody have experience with a workflow that allows me to process my MOS files in LC11, and do highlight recovery later?

thanks,

geb
Pages: [1]   Go Up