Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wide non Fisheye  (Read 6661 times)

Dick Roadnight

Wide non Fisheye
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »

Quote from: JoeKitchen
That is a lot of math and angles to figure out to make it work right correctly.  Looks like you need to know how far away the building is from where you are shooting and the distance between floors of the building you are shooting from, not to mention the vanishing point created behind the lens based off of you perspective (the starting point of your angle) and a good deal of knowledge of trig and maybe calculus.    

My degrees are in math and I dont think I would want to put that much effort into shooting.  But thanks, maybe one day I will have a job where I absolutely need that.
Just needs a little bit of basic trig...

From the height of the building, the height of the tripod, the max accessible distance from the building and the FOV of the lens you calculate the (max) distance to the Virtual view point, but it gets more complicated when you have a three-dimensional problem creating a perspective/parallax view ¿so that you can stitch without having to scale? ... this would call for accurate surveying.

I think GCSE (16 year old) maths should suffice.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
Wide non Fisheye
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 05:10:31 pm »

Edited.  Not relevant
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:21:41 pm by mtomalty »

chiek

• chiek imaging
Wide non Fisheye
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 11:22:14 pm »

Quote from: CBarrett
That makes me wonder if you could adapt a Canon lens to the view camera.  I know that Sinar had a Nikon adapter board, but you needed their shutter.  Could a Canon 17 be mounted in, say, a Copal 3 shutter?  That on the P65+ would just be wicked!

Fun...

So I made this cam.
custom MF body v3.0, prontor3 professional, canon EF mounts for contax645 digital back
Customer who architecture photographer in europe, are satisfied in this feature.
He uses 17mm TS and this cam.

17mm TS lens sample shot with shifts. (0mm, 6mm up, 10mm up)

zero shift with 17mm lens has similar view with 11mm wide lens / 35mm camera
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:27:56 pm by chiek »
chiek imaging, in Seoul, SOUTH-KOREA.
Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFv-50c medium format and a7R systems
major job is products shot, especially for electronic products.
but interested in Landscapes and Portraits, Still-life.
my hobby is Designing camera…
www.chiek.co.kr
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up