Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Light fast and minimalist tethered software  (Read 2905 times)

fredjeang

Light fast and minimalist tethered software
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:23:54 am »

Hi,
Does anybody know a way to tether cameras without having to use genuine heavy softwares, without passing by the Lightroom or Capture or whatever?
Just a simple, light, fast and responsive sofware dedicated to that task.
And that can be used with a vast range of camera models...
If there is not, could the software gurus here build one?

Thanks.

Fred.

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:09:06 am »

Quote from: fredjeang
Hi,
Does anybody know a way to tether cameras without having to use genuine heavy softwares, without passing by the Lightroom or Capture or whatever?
Just a simple, light, fast and responsive sofware dedicated to that task.
And that can be used with a vast range of camera models...
If there is not, could the software gurus here build one?

Thanks.

Fred.
DSLR Remote from Breeze Systems?

Recently I've been reviewing tethering software, or software with tethering features.  They're remarkably different in important ways.  C1 I'd use in a studio, LR3 not sure yet, and I'm thinking DSLR Remote (or Nkremote if you shoot Nikon) would be perfect to load on a tablet (Ipad?) or small netbook for field use.  

I'm waiting for the Ipad to make an appearance.. I figure if any platform will encourage light field ready software.. it will be the Ipad.  If it disappoints I'll be looking at a sub $300 netbook.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

Marlyn

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 12:59:26 pm »

Quote from: Steve Weldon
DSLR Remote from Breeze Systems?

Recently I've been reviewing tethering software, or software with tethering features.  They're remarkably different in important ways.  C1 I'd use in a studio, LR3 not sure yet, and I'm thinking DSLR Remote (or Nkremote if you shoot Nikon) would be perfect to load on a tablet (Ipad?) or small netbook for field use.  

I'm waiting for the Ipad to make an appearance.. I figure if any platform will encourage light field ready software.. it will be the Ipad.  If it disappoints I'll be looking at a sub $300 netbook.

iPad is a maybe IF someone comes out with decent software.

However I'm looking for one ofthese new netbook + touchscreen options, (basically a PC pad).  There were some announced at CEBIT that looks perfect for the Job of field use off the camera for tethered shooting, camera control etc. Could be cute.

Regards

Mark

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:32:16 pm »

Lightroom 3 is reported to have a tether feature.  It is currently in beta 2 and available in a free download.  Give it a try...

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 12:44:47 pm »

The software that comes with canon cameras for tethering is small and works very well.

Michael Bailey

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:46:04 pm »

I've said it elsewhere in this forum and I'll say it again. The Breeze product works flawlessly for me. Of all the software I've ever used, I believe it remains the only one that worked exactly as I expected it to the moment I installed it.     MB

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 08:56:53 am »

Quote from: Michael Bailey
I've said it elsewhere in this forum and I'll say it again. The Breeze product works flawlessly for me. Of all the software I've ever used, I believe it remains the only one that worked exactly as I expected it to the moment I installed it.     MB

+1 for DSLR remote Pro.  Works exactly as advertised, never crashed, and I shoot most of mystuff tethered.  Far the best I have used since I started shooting digital.
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: [1]   Go Up