Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H1/H2 Owners using Phase 1 DB's  (Read 3141 times)

cerett

• http://
H1/H2 Owners using Phase 1 DB's
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:27:22 pm »

I am about to send my H1/H2 cameras in for a firmware update (as I have prevously posted). My current firmware is 9.1.2. I have been told that any firmware greater than 9.5.X will not communicate with the P65+. Is this true? I am planning on requesting an update to 9.3.0 only unless I hear differently. I could really use some advice on this entire issue. Thank you.

pixjohn

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »

If i am not mistaken you can connected a Hasselblad back and it will update the H1/H2 firmware.  I had my H2 updated by  Hasselblad at an event at Calumet. For FREE!

Quote from: cerett
I am about to send my H1/H2 cameras in for a firmware update (as I have prevously posted). My current firmware is 9.1.2. I have been told that any firmware greater than 9.5.X will not communicate with the P65+. Is this true? I am planning on requesting an update to 9.3.0 only unless I hear differently. I could really use some advice on this entire issue. Thank you.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:42:18 pm »

Correct. Find someone with an appropriate Hasselblad back and several different versions of firmware and update it to the firmware that gives you the best results. If you can find someone that has something like a CF back for instance.

cerett

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 07:36:36 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
If i am not mistaken you can connected a Hasselblad back and it will update the H1/H2 firmware.  I had my H2 updated by  Hasselblad at an event at Calumet. For FREE!

What is the number of your firmware version and are you using a Phase One DB? My original plan was to find someone who had a Hasselblad back. No such luck.

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 08:39:50 pm »

I have an H1 I sent to Hasselblad last year for the service special, they updated the firmware to 9.5.0. They also replaced the shutter button with the newer version which is supposed to be better lasting.
I was a little worried too about a conflict with my P45+ but it works just fine, I believe it will even work with the tilt shift adapter. I don't know about the P65. I don't think they are doing anything "yet" to limit compatibility with the H1 and H2 with Phase One, I actually just called and asked Hasselblad ahead of time. Since then I had had someone at Calumet offer to help do the firmware upgrade. someone from Hasselblad may even be willing to help you. It was definitely worth doing. Another benefit is the shutter delay for hand holding and compatibility with the CF adapter, although I don't use one. I do want to be able to rent the tilt shift adapter though.

imagetone

• http://www.tonymayimages.com
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 11:04:02 am »

I had my H1 body upgraded to 9.5.0 firmware by Hasselblad this time last year, in order to test a P25+ and a P45+ back, with and without the HTS tilt/shift adapter (which won't work with earlier firmware).   The body worked fine with both backs with and without the adapter.  I have used a P25+ since then with the same body and firmware without problems.

Tony May

cerett

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 12:42:45 pm »

Quote from: imagetone
I had my H1 body upgraded to 9.5.0 firmware by Hasselblad this time last year, in order to test a P25+ and a P45+ back, with and without the HTS tilt/shift adapter (which won't work with earlier firmware).   The body worked fine with both backs with and without the adapter.  I have used a P25+ since then with the same body and firmware without problems.

Tony May

Thanks Tony - I will check with Hasselblad and see if there is anything special about the P65+. I may have gotten incorrect information. Hopefully, they will be aware of any issues. I would like to use the HTS tilt/shift adaptor. How did that work out for you?

Kitty

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:05:27 am »

Quote from: imagetone

Tony May

Really? I remember HTS tilt/shift adapter works with H3D only.
May be I am wrong?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 10:39:11 am »

You are wrong.

Naturally the lenscorrections together with the HC lenses only work in Phocus.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 10:40:44 am by Dustbak »

imagetone

• http://www.tonymayimages.com
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 03:03:12 pm »

Thanks Tony - I will check with Hasselblad and see if there is anything special about the P65+. I may have gotten incorrect information. Hopefully, they will be aware of any issues. I would like to use the HTS tilt/shift adaptor. How did that work out for you?
OK. I mainly have a need for tilts and swings rather than shift. It is fine for longer working distances with larger products but with jewellery, the combination of magnification (with a 26mm extension tube on 80mm and 150mm lenses) and working distance meant that there wasn't enough tilt to be able to throw the plane of focus flat across the face of the watch or flat across necklace laid flat. However at f16 results were very good. See my posts in this other thread here.

Bear in mind you won't get the automatic distortion and fall-off corrections you would with an integrated Hasselblad back, although I think a lens colour cast correction frame in Capture One might also correct for fall off if you are going to the edge of the image circle.

Tony

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:16 pm »

The H1/H2 firmware update allows battery status check for Li-Ion rechargeable grips (how much is left on this battery?) by holding the backlit button; additional mirror delay for hand-holding at slow shutter speeds while tracking the target, and HTS compatibility (provides readouts on the top LCD panel of the HTS coordinates so you can verify the digital position of the tilt/shift independent of the side markings.)

I have experienced positive feedback from Hasselblad, Phase, and Leaf shooters using the HTS 1.5 lens adaptor, if you have not rented or tried one yet, you should race to your nearest Hasselblad reseller/rental house and examine for yourself. OK, maybe not race, but walk quickly.

As mentioned in the above posts, we make a concerted effort to update any H-system firmware while in the field to be sure that Hasselblad camera owners are getting the max out of their system, especially when it can do more today than when originally purchased. Takes about 3 minutes. Happy faces.

Hasselblad conspiracy theorists must contend with (yet) another triumph of fact over fiction...

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

rhsu

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 11:52:49 pm »

My original plan was to find someone who had a Hasselblad back. No such luck.

Surely Calumet should be able to assist you quickly can they not?  Of course, finding someone with a CF DB would be better.  I have a CF for sale?!     If I was back home in Riverside CA (.... yeah yeah... "Inland"...) you are most welcome BUT I'm overseas at the moment.

This is the very reason why I am selling (pending payment still) my brand new H2 because cross-breeding is just not going to work out well when I defect to P1.

Give Calumet a call.

cerett

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 12:34:41 pm »

Quote from: John.Williams
The H1/H2 firmware update allows battery status check for Li-Ion rechargeable grips (how much is left on this battery?) by holding the backlit button; additional mirror delay for hand-holding at slow shutter speeds while tracking the target, and HTS compatibility (provides readouts on the top LCD panel of the HTS coordinates so you can verify the digital position of the tilt/shift independent of the side markings.)

I have experienced positive feedback from Hasselblad, Phase, and Leaf shooters using the HTS 1.5 lens adaptor, if you have not rented or tried one yet, you should race to your nearest Hasselblad reseller/rental house and examine for yourself. OK, maybe not race, but walk quickly.

As mentioned in the above posts, we make a concerted effort to update any H-system firmware while in the field to be sure that Hasselblad camera owners are getting the max out of their system, especially when it can do more today than when originally purchased. Takes about 3 minutes. Happy faces.

Hasselblad conspiracy theorists must contend with (yet) another triumph of fact over fiction...

John

Thank you very much for your imput. Do you specifically know of anyone who has had an uneventful upgrade to firmware version 9.5.0 and owns a P65+? BTW, in addition to the firmware update, I need to have my cameras checked. That is the reason I'm sending them to Hasselblad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up