Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo RS - Digitar 47mmXL T/S lens mount  (Read 2218 times)

rhsu

Cambo RS - Digitar 47mmXL T/S lens mount
« on: March 08, 2010, 06:52:37 pm »

Can someone post some feedbacks regarding Digitar 47mmXL T/S lens mount on a Cambo RS on 39mp DB and up ie P65+ (intended upgrade).  I know the lens resolution when I shot it with Cambo 23D some 2-3 years ago - but that was with my 16mp and was all INDOOR shots.

I just like to know how well the 47mmXL T/S plate performs.  I have seen Alpa and Sinar users with the images but that was without movements - rather a wasted 113mm IC @ f11 (max).

Thanks...

ced

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:24:04 am »

Get in touch with Rene Rook at Cambo and you will have all the info you want, not sure if he lurks on this forum...

rhsu

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 07:15:45 am »

Quote from: ced
Get in touch with Rene Rook at Cambo and you will have all the info you want, not sure if he lurks on this forum...

I know Rene and Henk.  Have been dealing with them.  I just want an "outsider" to road test the 47mm XL on a T/S like what CI did with HR40 on their P65+ with images.  I have only HR lenses and they are bright and wonderful.  But digitar with their inherent curse of centre filter and blessings of 113mm IC @ f11, I like to see how that is translated onto the ground glass and reality.

I spoke to Henk about the HR28 T/S few days ago wondering with the current DB 39mp and up whether there are enough room, let alone, any need for movements of such WA.  As per the long the focal, the more the T/S movements.

Thanks for replying...

Anyone out there?

tho_mas

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:32:16 am »

Quote from: rhsu
Anyone out there?
I've once posted an example of the 47XL @f11 on a P45 here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....st&p=301953
It's mounted in the regular lens panel, not the TS panel.
It's a bit oversharpened at 100%... better look at it at 50% (which is closer to print size).

rhsu

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 06:37:40 pm »

Quote from: tho_mas
I've once posted an example of the 47XL @f11 on a P45 here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....st&p=301953
It's mounted in the regular lens panel, not the TS panel.
It's a bit oversharpened at 100%... better look at it at 50% (which is closer to print size).

Yes I remember that posting of yours back then.  Great post.  How do you overcome the dark GG end to compose your perspective.  I gathered the outcome of 47xl on cambo TS pane vs LF should not differ.  But more curious as to the allowable movements with the RS vs DS (limited and generous respectively) combining with the TS panel and the P65+.

May be it is all but a "storm in a tea cup".

Maybe I have to wait for one of the members that I know to have his converted and pick his experiences.

Thanks again...

tho_mas

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 03:04:23 am »

How do you overcome the dark GG end to compose your perspective
when the back is shifted the edges go dark, especially with a fresnel GG, of course. However you still can see the edges if you move around and look at the edges from a steeper angle. That's why Cambo's flexible focusing hood is actually not bad. You can also use another loupe for it.
I'd say it's rather impossible to judge sharpness or DOF or whatever looking at the egdes of the GG form such a steep angle, however it works fine to check the framing.

rhsu

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 07:06:46 am »

I'm going to check out the Artec next week (not that I could afford one) but to work out why its sliding back and with their TS is not producing problems with the GG.  Hope they have the said 47mmXL Digitar lens.  Rodenstock don't count in the test because of its brightness.

Thank for your feedback which I know seems quite obvious with many.  I just thought perhaps the "new" RS GG may have improved.

tho_mas

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:06 am »

I'm going to check out the Artec next week (not that I could afford one) but to work out why its sliding back and with their TS is not producing problems with the GG.  Hope they have the said 47mmXL Digitar lens.  Rodenstock don't count in the test because of its brightness.
Sinar doesn't mount Schneider lenses on the arTec - Rodenstock only.
So the Digaron 40W would be interessting for you here...

I just thought perhaps the "new" RS GG may have improved.
there's a fresnel GG now in addition to the regular GG the WRS first was shipped with. I much prefer the fresnel.

rhsu

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:19 pm »

Sinar doesn't mount Schneider lenses on the arTec - Rodenstock only.
So the Digaron 40W would be interessting for you here...

Yeap... I was just been told by my friend about Rodenstock only with Artec. That explains no issue with Artec GG side for DOF.  I have the HR40mm BUT I also have 47mmXL (std lens plate).  That's why I needed to know the effect of converting the 47xl on TS plate with GG.  As the focal lens gets longer, DOF gets critical with TS.  Fine if straight shooting therefore NO need for GG.  You bracket your distance with the laser device.

there's a fresnel GG now in addition to the regular GG the WRS first was shipped with. I much prefer the fresnel.

Regarding Fresnel GG, I did not know that Cambo has shipped with one.  Certainly I was not told when I spoke to Cambo.  Perhaps more to do with assumption of implied knowledge.  Yes being that the case of Fresnel GG, that explains your replies about "darkish" when TS is applied - due to the characteristic of Fresnel lens (as per many discussions here in the past).

So it seems like per specs, HR40 @ f8 w/ 90mm IC against P65+ gives plenty of room.  The angle of view (AV) is NOT that much of a gain to a 47mmXL.  At least with the HR lenses, they are bright and fresnel GG certainly helps!

Your replies have been most grateful and many thanks...

rhsu

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 07:17:23 pm »

BTW:  My other curiousity is P65+ (5.8micron) as to how it translate in large movements with 47xl (with lens resoution of 5 micron).  I know Digitar must be shot at f11 for max effect of the lens.  Already, in "theory" tells us that the angle of light hitting the sensor pixels would cause some adverse effect around the edges - albeit why HR lenses do not pose much of an issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up