Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Leaf Backs and support  (Read 1602 times)

JTFOTO

• http://
New Leaf Backs and support
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:12:01 pm »

I am wandering if the same level of support will be oferred for Leaf backs that Phase offers with the instant swap incase something goes wrong?  I had a Leaf go down on me a few years ago and had to wait five days to get it back from repair with no temporary back to use in the meantime.  I left Leaf and went to phase, but do like the Leaf interface and the size of the screen

thank you for your help..  I may go back to Leaf if this has been resolved.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
New Leaf Backs and support
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:46:23 pm »

Quote from: JTFOTO
I am wandering if the same level of support will be oferred for Leaf backs that Phase offers with the instant swap incase something goes wrong?  I had a Leaf go down on me a few years ago and had to wait five days to get it back from repair with no temporary back to use in the meantime.  I left Leaf and went to phase, but do like the Leaf interface and the size of the screen

thank you for your help..  I may go back to Leaf if this has been resolved.

That's pretty unusual turnaround time for a Leaf. I can't recall any of my customers who didn't receive their unit back 2 days after they shipped it. Previously there was an option to purchase a Service contract that allowed for a loaner guaranteed to ship within 24 hours. However, this would provide for generally the same turnaround as standard service usually provided.

The Leaf Aptus backs are unique in that they are assembled in 2 primary sections:

*interface and sensor area
*interior circuitry and LCD (known as the eBox)

These two separate areas are sealed from each other. This allows for a Leaf technician to perform nearly any repair (except for sensor or IR filter replacement) without a clean room. And (at least) 95% of all Leaf repairs are located in the eBox. It's quite an ingenious design. Obviously if you scratch or damage an IR filter or sensor, that is not a warranty covered repair. Warranty repairs of the ir filter/sensor area are extremely rare. So, the vast majority of Leaf repairs can usually be completed within an hour (labor time) at Phase One USA, who have a supply of spare eBox units on the shelf for each Aptus model.

I just finished up a Leaf dealer conference yesterday. In addition to the eBox procedure being adopted by Phase One USA, much of the excellent Phase One support infrastructure is now shared by Leaf. So the support picture looks very good for Leaf. And as has ben mentioned before, Rick Adshead, long-time Leaf Technical Support Manager, is on board.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up