Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vertical Lines on Print Output on Epson 10K  (Read 919 times)

deanwork

Vertical Lines on Print Output on Epson 10K
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:24:02 pm »

Someone may the answer to this. I'm sure I don't.

I have this 10K that I'm using for hextone piezo inks and all of a sudden I'm seeing some thin lines running vertically on each roll of media as the file prints. Same exact place each time and has been going on for weeks now.

These are straight lines on the print occurring exactly 19 1/4 inches from the right side of the printer, and again at 33 1/2 inches on the roll, with another third very light line a half an inch next to the second line.

If you imagine doing a print and then drawing a file pencil line vertically right down the roll, both in the white canvas area as well as within the image area, this is exactly what it looks like.

I've examined this with a loupe and this is not a scratch of any kind but a printed mark somehow, and it really odd. Of course I've cleaned the paper transport area a million times and the bottom of the head assembly. It doesn't seem like it could be a head issue since no matter where the head is these lines appear in exactly the same place every time, sheets or rolls that go long enough to see it.

At first I thought this might be a function of Studio Print somehow but it is exactly the same when using the Epson driver.

Is there some mechanism in the printer preferences that would be trying to print some vertical lines. But it couldn't be trim lines since it is running VERTICALLY... I've never seen anything like this and am totally baffled. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up