Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ICC profiles in PS?  (Read 7908 times)

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »

Hi!

I try to use Raw Developer as my raw developer, and then do the rest in PS. RD does not support DNG profiles, so I made an ICC profile with ArgyllCMS. When I output a linear tif with my ICC profile "G1m" from RD and open it in PS, colors are muddy. I will need to output linear tifs for the most, since all my subjects require focus stacking.

The attached screen shots are:
1- Bruce Lindblooms synthetical ColorChecker 24, ProPhoto, displayed by Preview.
2- same in PSCS3
3- image as displayed by RD without curve; exposure and black point adjusted to meet chart white =95% and chart black=18%
4-   The same after output as tif from RD
5- The tif opened in PS as is
6- Same with an adjustment layer in lum mode with "linear contrast" (a very slight S-curve).
7- same tif as #4 opened in ACR 4.6, exposure adjusted to chart white=95%.

What's wrong?  

Kind regards - Hening.

[attachment=20392:1_Synth_Preview.jpg]
[attachment=20393:2_Synth_PS3.jpg]
[attachment=20394:3_G1m_RDadj.jpg]
[attachment=20395:4_G1m_Preview.jpg]
[attachment=20396:5_G1m_PS3_lin.jpg]
[attachment=20397:6_G1m_PS...inCurve_.jpg]
[attachment=20398:7_G1m_ACR4.6adj_.jpg]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Lookingbill

ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:36:37 pm »

When I output a linear tif with my ICC profile "G1m" from RD and open it in PS, colors are muddy.

Not sure what you mean by "output a linear tif with my ICC profile "G1m".

When you convert to tif in RD you must use the "G1m" profile as an input space with an output working space like ProPhotoRGB or AdobeRGB selected in RD's output panel. Outputting a linear tif suggests you are turning all tonal controls and profiles off which was the setting used to build the custom "G1m" input profile from in the first place.

You can't output a linear tif and expect the input ICC profile to be applied. The linear setting in RD is switched on in the output panel which turns all tonal controls and profiles off so the custom profile can be built from this response.

If you want to output as a linear tif out of RD selected in RD's output panel and open in PS then you must assign the "G1m" profile to the tif to get the correct preview.

So it really isn't necessary to output a linear tif after you've already built the "G1m" profile. Output with the RD linear setting turned off and select the "G1m" input profile in RD's "input" panel (the menu at the bottom of the main panel) and select a working space in RD's output panel.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:46:06 pm by tlooknbill »

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:27:51 pm »

Thank you for your answer, tlooknbill!

> Not sure what you mean by "output a linear tif with my ICC profile "G1m".

Sorry I did not detail that.
In version 1.1.1 of Argyll CMS, which was released today,  the profiling module  has an option -am. "The -am option will create a matrix profile with linear (i.e. gamma = 1.0) curves. This may be useful in creating a profile for a device that is known to have a perfectly linear response, such as a camera in RAW mode."

This is what I used.

> So it really isn't necessary to output a linear tif after you've already built the "G1m" profile. Output with the RD linear setting turned off and select the "G1m" input profile in RD's "input" panel (the menu at the bottom of the main panel) and select a working space in RD's output panel.

When exporting the tif from RD, I did NOT choose "Disable CM processing" in the Out panel. Instead, I deselected the camera base curve ("remove all points") which otherwise is preserved even when choosing No CM. This way I think I got a tif which is color managed, but linear.

> You can't output a linear tif and expect the input ICC profile to be applied. [...]
> If you want to output as a linear tif out of RD selected in RD's output panel and open in PS then you must assign the "G1m" profile to the tif to get the correct preview.

When I open the tif the second time, it is not opened directly in PS, but in ACR. Under Camera Profile, it reads "Embedded" as exspected.

Did I do as I intended, or did I overlook something?
Note also, that the PS rendering of the synthetic CC24 is just as muddy as the rendering of my tif, whereas the rendering in Preview (# 4) is a perfect match of the tif as displayed by RD (#3). What is it that Preview can do which PS can not?

Kind regards - Hening.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:37:31 pm by Hening Bettermann »

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 08:16:25 am »

Think first, post later!

Ooops! My 1. post of yesterday was all confused. Please bear with me!
And forget all the screen shots of yesterday.
Of course a linear image is supposed to look muddy.
However, there is a remaining question.
When I open that linear .tif in Preview, it also looks dark, but colorful. In PS, it looks both dark and pale.
#1 image in Preview and PS, Preview on top
#2 image in PS with the black and white patches adjusted to 18%/95% using an adjustment layer in lum mode. This shows a reasonable histogram (which unfortunately disappears when Grab is active) - but where are the colors?

Hope I have hit the right confusion this time...  Hening.

[attachment=20408:1_Grab_C...w_and_PS.jpg]

[attachment=20409:2_Grab_C..._lum_adj.jpg]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Shirley Bracken

• http://ssbracken.com
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 08:34:16 am »

Hening, I am still a novice at this but I was having a similar problem.  Try PS> Edit> colorsettings.  It fixed my problem, maybe it will help you.  Or maybe I don't understand the question.  Anyway... good luck.
ssbracken.com  (Formerly Bumperjack)

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 03:10:54 pm »

Surprise surprise!

When opened the linear .tif via Bridge in ACR, I can bring the colors into the ballpark by adjusting  the tone values white/middle gray/black to 95/50/18%. Still, reds and orange are muddy, green and cyan (3/6) are pale.
For comparison, the linear raw opened in Raw Developer, the default Canon TRC disabled, my 3-point-adjustment of the TRC. Reds and orange are slightly over-saturated, but all in all, it's closer to the synthetic CC (#1 in my 1. post) than the ACR version.

Now in ACR, I discover that when setting the curve to Strong Contrast, I am getting a little closer. If then I click Open Object, it opens in PS with the colors from ACR, so it's in the ballpark, but still, RD is closer.

Where can I edit my images with colors preserved?

--------------

Sherley, thank you for your response. Can you remember which changes you made in the Color Settings? I have tried to look at them and set "Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma 1.0", and for a trial choose Apple CMM in stead of Adobe, but I can not see a difference.

Kind regards - Hening.
[attachment=20420:1_CC24_l..._TRC_adj.jpg] [attachment=20421:2_CC24_l..._TRC_adj.jpg]

---------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 05:42:24 am by Hening Bettermann »

Tim Lookingbill

ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 09:40:37 pm »

Why are you making preview comparisons between the linear .tif (I'm assuming the .tif image used to build the profile in Argyllcms after exporting out of RD) and the original Raw file viewed in RD? They are completely two differently formated files.

You're leaving out software setting parameters that make this hard to troubleshoot.

What settings in RD are you using to view the original Raw file in #2? You should be using your newly made Argyllcms profile selected in the input panel drop down menu with all the additional curve adjust you made to output the original linear .tif used in Argyllcms to build the profile.

#1 linear .tif should look dark and dull because you haven't assigned the Argyllcms ICC profile in Photoshop. You can't assign custom ICC input profiles in ACR. And as you've found out you can't open a tif image in RD.

In fact now that you've got a new custom ICC profile for your Raw files in RD, you don't need to be concerned what the linear .tif should look like. All that matters now is RD previews. That's why you built the ICC profile in the first place, not for the .tif.

You may need to read RD's "Calibrate Your Camera" section accessed in the Help menu.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:46:22 pm by tlooknbill »

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 07:14:13 am »

Hi tlooknbill, thank you for your reply.

> Why are you making preview comparisons between the linear .tif (I'm assuming the .tif image used to build the profile in Argyllcms after exporting out of RD) and the original Raw file viewed in RD? They are completely two differently formated files.

> You're leaving out software setting parameters that make this hard to troubleshoot.

> What settings in RD are you using to view the original Raw file in #2? You should be using your newly made Argyllcms profile selected in the input panel drop down menu [...]

That is exactly what I do. What I compare is NOT the tif that was output from RD with no CM to build the profile. (That was an image of the ColorCheckerSG in this case). What I compare is an image of the CC24 (as a visual reference), displayed and processed with the (linear) profile I created. For this image I compare the display in RD with the output .tif, as part of an attempt to find out WHERE the failure occurs.

> [...] with all the additional curve adjust you made to output the original linear .tif used in Argyllcms to build the profile.

I don't understand this. The tif used for building the profile is output with all CM disabled, and no curve adjust from my side. --Ooops, I think I found something: "All CM disabled" does NOT disable the camera curve in RD! So to make a profile for output of linear images, I will need to manually de-select the camera profile in addition to "0 CM". I'll do this and then get back. (I HAVE read "Calibrate your camera", and more than once, but yet failed to modify the procedure for linear output).

[...]

> In fact now that you've got a new custom ICC profile for your Raw files in RD, you don't need to be concerned what the linear .tif should look like. [...]

I think I need to be concerned about what linear tifs will look like AFTER re-applying a TRC. (Because the output of linear .tifs from RD will be my standard workflow for stacking). And so far, they don't look good enough.

And all MY failures disregarded, there is still the remaining mystery:Why does the SYNTHETIC CC24 look normal in Preview, but pale in PS?

Kind regards  - Hening.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 08:35:38 am »

So here is the beauty. This time I made sure that both CM and the camera curve were deselected when outputting the CCSG.tif for the profile; and that CM was switched on, but the camera profile de-selected for the CC24 linear tif. Opened in PS with the linear profile assigned.
#1 opened in PS as is
#2 with PS's Strong Contrast curve
#3 with my 3-point adjustment of the gray values.

The profile has peak error = 13.584486, avg err = 3.121985

??

Kind regards - Hening

[attachment=20436:1_CC24_lin.jpg] [attachment=20437:2_CC24_S...Contrast.jpg] [attachment=20438:3_CC24_My3pointAdj.jpg]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 02:27:52 pm »

New evidence.

I find that I come closer by

1- assigning the working space (Pro Photo), not the images profile. This is also the output profile chosen in RD. It is not possible to choose the image profile as output profile.

2- using an adjustment layer in Normal mode rather than Luminosity. Still, I find that Preview comes closer to the synthetical target.

This experience with Luminosity mode adds a new layer to my confusion. I thought I understood on both Guillermo Luijk and Ben Gilmore, that PS lum is the way to adjust lightness without changing colors.

Since I find that Preview comes closest, is the solution simply to use Aperture in stead of PS? I am waiting for the download link.

Kind regards - Hening.

[attachment=20445:PS_lum.jpg] [attachment=20446:PS_normal.jpg] lum left, normal right.

Tim Lookingbill

ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 03:19:35 pm »

OK, the Synthetic 24CC appearance in the Preview app being different from CS4 preview is the real problem. Don't know if this Synthetic 24CC reference target is embedded with a profile. If not, then this could point toward why you are seeing two different previews of only this image.

Do you get preview mismatches in other normal (meaning non-24CC target images) between these two color managed apps? This needs to be sorted out first. I know when Preview displays an image without an embedded profile, it will assign the system display profile selected in OS X's Display Preference panel.

When you open an image in CS4, your Color Settings should be set so you get a dialog box saying whether the image has an embedded profile or ISN'T the same as the Working Space chosen in Color Settings.

As for creating a linear version of the Raw shot of the 24CC for Argyllcms to build a profile from read this section of RD's Help which I've slightly edited for emphasis:

Even with the "Disable all processing..." checkbox enabled all RAW Developer image processing adjustments on the "In" tab panel, except for the selection of your Input Profile and Working Space output profiles (meaning no embedded working space profile on linear .tif) are still available and are performed prior to the image data being tranformed or "color matched" through the selected Input Profile. When you create a camera profile it will be "tied" to any adjustments you have made to these settings. If you create a custom camera profile and then make changes to any of these settings the accuracy of your color rendering through your custom input profile will be affected.

With some camera profiling software setting a camera tone curve prior to camera profiling is very helpful and may even be critical. Use of a multistep reference gray scale chart can be very helpful in setting up an accurate tone curve for your camera and Apple's DigitalColor Meter application included with Mac OS X can be useful for viewing CIELab or XYZ readouts of your image pixel values for comparison to specified reference values. Other camera profiling tools may work well with the RAW "linear" color information. Images intended for use in camera profiling should ideally be saved at 16 bits/channel bit depth.

What this means is you can optimize the image to get closer to an ideal state so Argylcms doesn't have to do most of the heavy lifting when it creates custom profile. However, whatever optimizing changes you apply in the "In" tab panel must remain the same (saved) for that Argylcms profile to deliver an accurate appearance.

You don't have to do this. Just clicking the "Turn off all processing" check box is often all that is needed. When I do this with my own properly exposed Raw shot of the 24CC, the image is way too dark where some color almost look black like the brown and the purple patch.

You might want to email Brian Griffith, the creator of Raw Developer. From my emails with him he is quite helpful and does get back to you with any questions you may have.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:35:23 pm by tlooknbill »

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 06:45:03 am »

Hi tlooknbill

> OK, the Synthetic 24CC appearance in the Preview app being different from CS4 preview is the real problem. Don't know if this Synthetic 24CC reference target is embedded with a profile. If not, then this could point toward why you are seeing two different previews of only this image.

On Bruce Lindblooms site (brucelindbloom.com), where I downloaded the synthetic CC24, the chart image is produced by a calculator. One can choose the ref. illuminant, the RGB model and the observer. My choices were D50, ProPhoto and 2°. This may look like there is ProPhoto assigned or embedded.

> Do you get preview mismatches in other normal (meaning non-24CC target images) between these two color managed apps? This needs to be sorted out first. I know when Preview displays an image without an embedded profile, it will assign the system display profile selected in OS X's Display Preference panel.

Yes native images show the same difference as the chart. The difference is subtle, and without the chart as a reference, I might as well be inclined to call Preview for over-saturated and PS for the truth as the other way round. And in fact (in the display of the synthetic CC24), the reds and orange are slightly over-saturated in Preview, but (visually) not as much as the orange (2/1) in particular is under-saturated in PS, where also the green and cyan are pale. So over all, Preview is closer to the truth.

> When you open an image in CS4, your Color Settings should be set so you get a dialog box saying whether the image has an embedded profile or ISN'T the same as the Working Space chosen in Color Settings.

When I open an image in CS3 (not 4), there is no dialog popping up by itself. If I go to the Assign Profile pane, my working space, ProPhoto, is chosen.

> As for creating a linear version of the Raw shot of the 24CC for Argyllcms to build a profile from read this section of RD's Help which I've slightly edited for emphasis:

[...]

What I read out of these 2 quoted paragraphs is this:

1- When I make exposure adjustments prior to profiling, I have to make the same ones  later for the actual images. The same for camera profile. In most cases, I will need linear output for stacking, so it seems advisable to disable the default camera curve for profiling.

2- Creating my own camera curve based on a multistep gray ramp would require a spectrophotometer. I had hoped that Stouffer wedges would come with reference data, but a closer look at the web site seems to show that they don't. - Raw Developers instruction for camera profiling mentions that many profiling packages perform poorly with linear images. But I hope Argyll does all right with the just released -am option. My dE values look quite good, and also the rendering of the CC24 is quite close. It is just PS which is a little pale.

[...]

> You don't have to do this. Just clicking the "Turn off all processing" check box is often all that is needed. When I do this with my own properly exposed Raw shot of the 24CC, the image is way too dark where some color almost look black like the brown and the purple patch.

Just choosing "Disable Color Management Processing" will preserve the default camera curve, which I try to avoid.

Is there still something I have overlooked or not understood?

So far, my conclusion is that I want to check if/hope that Aperture has inherited the color rendition of Preview.

> You might want to email Brian Griffith, the creator of Raw Developer. From my emails with him he is quite helpful and does get back to you with any questions you may have.

Yes I have asked Brian on several occasions, and he has in fact been very helpful with detailed answers.

I thank you for your help! - Hening.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:43:10 am by Hening Bettermann »

Tim Lookingbill

ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:03:12 am »

Referring to the synthetic 24CC:

This may look like there is ProPhoto assigned or embedded.

Don't go by looks. Don't guess. Don't go by calculations. Know what profile is embedded by opening in CS4 Photoshop (not ACR) which should prompt a dialog box indicating what is embedded or not embedded. Go to Photoshop Color Settings and select "North American Prepress 2" or anything that says Prepress (Click OK to get out of Color Settings) then open the synthetic 24CC which will prompt the dialog box when opening the synthetic 24CC.

You can't trust any visual assessment of a camera profiling operation until you get your Preview/Photoshop preview differences fixed. It's a waste of time figuring out the cause of the other preview issues you're having with custom ICC profiling of your camera through RD output.

I have Preview and CS3 Photoshop on a hardware calibrated 2004 G5 iMac and all my images look identical with the same image opened in both because they all have an embedded profile.

I also have Raw Developer 1.8.6 but I don't need to profile my camera because the default profile Brian created for my Pentax K100D delivers good enough previews of my Raw images so when I output to tiff the preview in RD matches the preview in Photoshop and Preview.

You shouldn't even attempt to profile your camera until you get your preview differences of regular profile tagged images sorted out. It looks like you may a display profile issue. Who knows. I don't know how to be more clear about this.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:36:02 am by tlooknbill »

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 05:50:29 pm »

Hi again.

> Know what profile is embedded by opening in CS4 Photoshop (not ACR) which should prompt a dialog box indicating what is embedded or not embedded.

When I open the CC24 in PSCS3 (not 4), there is no dialog box coming up. - In my Edit > Color Settings menus, there is nothing with Prepress, neither in the RGB nor the CMYK menu. The former reads ProPhoto. In the latter, I have chosen "Coated FOGRA 39".

According to the Mac's Get Info, the color space of the synthetic CC24 is Lab. That is the color space to which I have calibrated the monitor. When I open the file in PS and look in the Edit menu, Assign Profile is dimmed. Because the image is not in RGB? If I go to Convert to Profile, working ProPhoto is pre-selected. If I convert - YES now the image looks just like the Preview image! This may seem the solution - BUT: Native images I output from RD are supposed to be in ProPhoto (according to my RD settings), and they are, according to the Macs Get Info. So PS reads the monitor profile "over" the file profile?

So I calibrated the monitor to RGB gamma 2.2. Now, the synthetic CC24, opened in PS, looks muddy in both versions, both Lab and RGB-ProPhoto. The difference is that now, the Assign Profile command is not dimmed, and setting it to ProPhoto, makes NO difference - the image is dull as before. - Preview is still fine.

A photographed image of the CC24, processed with RD defaults, is slightly oversaturated in the reds, but pretty close to the synthetic target, as displayed in Preview. In PS it looks muddy. It also makes no difference if in Edit > Color Settings I check Blend RGBColors Using Gamma 1.0, or uncheck it, so colors are blended in the documents color space.

??  Hening.

My memory failed me concerning the synthetic CC24. It is not generated by the calculator on the  fly, but is a ready-made, declared Lab Tif, so its Lab has nothing to do with my monitor calibration.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:19:25 pm by Hening Bettermann »

Tim Lookingbill

ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 07:58:07 pm »

This is the Color Settings in Photoshop CS3:

[attachment=20503:ColorSet...press2LL.jpg]

Even if the synthetic 24CC is in Lab space it should still look the same in both Preview app and Photoshop. It does on my system.

Check your display profile.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:02:14 pm by tlooknbill »

Shirley Bracken

• http://ssbracken.com
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 08:25:34 pm »

Yes, that is what I was talking about.
ssbracken.com  (Formerly Bumperjack)

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 11:17:22 am »

Hi again

Changing the Color Settings made no difference.

> Check your display profile.

Trying to find out how to do this, I went back to our former exchange in the tread
"Overall reddish cast on Eizo CG243W", posts #28 and 29:

>> Go into Photoshop's Color Settings scroll up within the RGB Working Space menu and check to see if "Monitor RGB..." shows the name of your custom profile.

> Thank you for this tip! That menu shows Generic RGB profile, + THE PROFILE OF THE MONITOR WHICH HOLDS THE MENU BAR. So this seems ok.

THIS is the solution! I am lucky to have 2 monitors, an old trusty Samsung and the Eizo 243. I use the precious Eizo only for photo work, and the Samsung for the tools, and for trivia (=non-photo). So it is convenient that the Samsung holds the menu bar. And PS uses the monitor profile of THAT monitor, regardless on which monitor the image is actually displayed. Preview can find out of that.

Now the synthetical CC24 looks the same in PS and Preview...

Thank you for your help! -      Hening.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 07:56:16 am »

It is not over...

When I open a tif of the CC24 from RD via Bridge in ACR, with my profile and RD's default camera tone curve, colors are glowing from oversaturated reds. The white patch has moved from 95 to 93%, the middle gray from 50 to 48%. The black patch is preserved at 18%. The Histogram shows a nice distribution, the image does obviously have a tone curve applied, but the Tone Curve panel shows a linear Point curve, and the Basic settings show all 0.

Now when I click "Open Object", the image opens in PS, and the colors are exactly according to my profile = visually close to the synthetic target; and the gray points fit.

I can understand that ACR reads the existing tone curve as 0. But how and why does it change the gray values (slightly) and colors (grossly)?

I would have liked to use ACR as an editor, since I have discovered that PS lum does not look like exspected.

Kind regards - Hening.

Tim Lookingbill

ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 01:03:51 pm »

Not clear on how you're outputting a tif of the 24CC chart out of RD and not have it look the same in ACR. The RD exported 24CC tif should have an embedded output profile which was selected automatically when you turned on "All Processes" in RD to output the tif with the new Argyllcms input profile applied so you'll get the RD preview as intended and not the preview you'ld get with "All Processes turned off". If you are outputting the 24CC tif out of RD with "All Processes turned Off" there is no embedded profile. Don't know which output process you're using in RD.

The fact you are having issues with mulitiple color managed applications knowing which display to reference to display color managed previews on a two display setup makes it hard to troubleshoot.

RD may have generated previews using one display and Adobe applications show previews with the other.

You need to know for sure which display is being referenced by which application by having one display active during the entire calibration and preview testing session. This may require one display be disconnected and/or all color managed apps quit and restarted and/or the entire system rebooted. Swapping editing and viewing windows between two displays doesn't always update on the fly. There's preview caching routines going on under the hood that could be causing the preview mismatch issues.

On top of that no one knows how well ArgyllCMS is handling the two display situation during the calibration as well.

You need to eliminate all culprits by stripping down to one display and starting over. You need to FIRST make sure RD, ACR, Bridge and Photoshop can show the same preview of the same image on one single connected display leaving any camera calibration routines out of the mix. Once the preview matching situation is fixed then start your camera calibration routine with RD and ArgyllCMS using only one display connnected.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:20:34 pm by tlooknbill »

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
ICC profiles in PS?
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 03:37:41 pm »

> Not clear on how you're outputting a tif of the 24CC chart out of RD and not have it look the same in ACR. The RD exported 24CC tif should have an embedded output profile which was selected automatically when you turned on "All Processes" in RD to output the tif with the new Argyllcms input profile applied so you'll get the RD preview as intended and not the preview you'ld get with "All Processes turned off". If you are outputting the 24CC tif out of RD with "All Processes turned Off" there is no embedded profile. Don't know which output process you're using in RD.

Well this was NOT the unprocessed .tif used for profile creation, but a .tif with my profile and RD's default tone curve, and output in ProPhoto.

> You need to FIRST make sure RD, ACR, Bridge and Photoshop can show the same preview of the same image on one single connected display leaving any camera calibration routines out of the mix. Once the preview matching situation is fixed then start your camera calibration routine with RD and ArgyllCMS using only one display connnected.

I will try this. Thank you! - Hening.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up