Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matting and Framing of Shipped Prints  (Read 1937 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Matting and Framing of Shipped Prints
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:42:22 am »

Just want to pass along this thought to those of you who ship prints.  I sent a 13x19 print to a former colleague last week.   I ship prints rolled in 4 inch diameter cardboard tubes sourced from Uline, with a one page note about the print, the paper and directions regarding how to have it matted and framed in an archival manner.  In addition to the nice complement about the print  from my friend (always welcome!) he said that the framer was also impressed and appreciative of the provided instruction; that this is done too infrequently (this is from someone who has been in the framing business for 25 years).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:42:59 am by Alan Goldhammer »

Randy Carone

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:16:34 am »

Alan,

I hope all is well with you.

What a great idea! Any chance of getting a copy of the text of that instruction sheet?
Randy Carone

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:43 am »

Quote from: Randy Carone
Alan,

I hope all is well with you.

What a great idea! Any chance of getting a copy of the text of that instruction sheet?
Of course it's on my home computer!   I'll post it this evening when I get home.

Randy Carone

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:58:00 am »

Thanks Alan!
Randy Carone

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 06:32:03 pm »

here's what I send out with prints.  The sheet has the name of the print and the type of paper that it is printed on.  The rest of the text reads:  "This photograph has been printed with Epson pigment inks on one of the finest inkjet papers available.  It will give many years of viewing pleasure if handled with care.  Take care when handling the photograph and do not touch the image with your fingers.  If the photography was shipped rolled, some curl of the paper is to be expected following shipment but putting a weight on each end of the paper (over the cover sheet) for a day or two should straighten it out.  If you elect to have the picture framed instruct the framer to use archival mat board and not to dry mount the photograph as the temperatures used in that process may result in damage.  When hanging the print, take care to avoid areas where there will be direct exposure to sunlight as fading may result."

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »

Quote from: Alan Goldhammer
...directions regarding how to have it matted and framed in an archival manner.  In addition to the nice complement about the print  from my friend (always welcome!) he said that the framer was also impressed and appreciative of the provided instruction; that this is done too infrequently...
Must have been framah, he's kinda new at this stuff.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up