Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for some help on small print layout on Epson 9900  (Read 992 times)

StuartR

• http://www.stuartrichardson.com
Looking for some help on small print layout on Epson 9900
« on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:11 am »

I have been using a 9900 for a few weeks now, and I have been doing pretty well with it. I do have one problem that I cannot seem to figure out, however. A number of my clients are also interested in small prints. Here, that usually means A4. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get the 9900 to print A4 prints with even borders...at least from CS4. I use a mac so I cannot use Qimage (I really do not want to have to work in a windows mode just to print), and I don't really have the money at the moment to buy some expensive layout program. I think this problem could be easy enough to solve, but I am not sure what is going wrong.

If I want to print A4 with a .5cm border all around, it does not seem to work. When you choose A4 (sheet) in the paper sizes, it will give you a print with even borders for the top and sides, but the bottom of the print (as the sheet goes in the printer) has a 1.5cm border. Even in the manual it says that by choosing the sheet option, it will give you a larger bottom border. The other options are borderless printing (which I do not want), or roll paper. There does not seem to be an option for just printing an A4 sheet with even borders. I have been able to get even borders in lightroom, but even then the smallest border it will allow on the bottom is 1.41cm. I also tried to solve this by making a custom paper size, just entering in the exact measurements for an A4 sheet and making the borders as 0. Then I just crop and size the image, center it (with the photoshop option in the print menu). If I set this, the preview in the photoshop print menu looks like it should be right, but when it is actually printed it has the same large border at the bottom of the sheet. Correct me if I am wrong, but if it can print borderless on an A4 sheet, why can't it just print a .5cm border? Has anyone come across this issue or have any suggestions? I will probably call Epson support, but they don't usually seem to know what they are talking about...I was hoping that someone here might have had the same problem and conquered it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:44:03 am by stuartr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up