Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why bother?  (Read 11410 times)

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Why bother?
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 04:52:26 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
I'm afraid that the best I can deduce from this is that people really do believe that they can either buy success or even have it thrust upon them from the outside; that the single thing they do NOT seem to believe is that they really need to have the seeds of it in their own genetic makeup.

Best of luck.

Rob C

Rob, aren't you leaving out those who have the desire to create (and maybe but not necessarily, the genes), but lack the technique to do so?

ARD

• http://
Why bother?
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 06:41:57 pm »

I feel 'C&C Welcome' is a simple yet useful thing to put along side a photo. Whenever I post a photo, which isn't too often I'm looking for honest and constructive feedback, good or bad.

One thing to remember - before posting a photo in this section, will you get offended by negative remarks. If so then it isn't worth posting.

I believe no one on this forum goes out of their way to be negative without offering good advice.

I would much rather someone tell me a photo I have posted is sh*t and offer me the reasons why.

I am far from professional so to gain input from such a wide and varied group can only be a positive in my opinion.

Shirley Bracken

• http://ssbracken.com
Why bother?
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »

ARD, that sounds good.
ssbracken.com  (Formerly Bumperjack)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Why bother?
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 03:43:00 am »

Quote from: ARD
I feel 'C&C Welcome' is a simple yet useful thing to put along side a photo. Whenever I post a photo, which isn't too often I'm looking for honest and constructive feedback, good or bad.

One thing to remember - before posting a photo in this section, will you get offended by negative remarks. If so then it isn't worth posting.

I believe no one on this forum goes out of their way to be negative without offering good advice.

I would much rather someone tell me a photo I have posted is sh*t and offer me the reasons why.

I am far from professional so to gain input from such a wide and varied group can only be a positive in my opinion.
Precisely.

Jeremy

Rob C

Why bother?
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 04:42:52 am »

Quote from: EduPerez
Rob, aren't you leaving out those who have the desire to create (and maybe but not necessarily, the genes), but lack the technique to do so?

Eduardo, I took that into consideration when I made my point about my failure with music; I have all the desire in the world to be able to play a Chuck Berry riff even once; I have the talent to carry a guitar, preferably in a case.

It's just how it is: some can do some things well and others can do other things well, but none of us can do it all and making images in any medium is no exception to that inconvenient rule.

However, if there is pleasure in trying, then go for it. But remember, knowing where to find E, A, D, G, B and E guarantees nada!

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

Why bother?
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 04:44:51 am »

Quote from: ARD

Love your avatar; but aren't you a little young to be posting?

Rob C

ARD

• http://
Why bother?
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 12:11:41 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
Love your avatar; but aren't you a little young to be posting?

Rob C

LOL - you're never too young to start posting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up