Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Profiles - Hasselblad  (Read 2626 times)

pflower

Camera Profiles - Hasselblad
« on: November 19, 2009, 02:13:34 pm »

Just curious.  In LR 2.5 the Camera Profile option allows a bewildering number of choices for my Nikon NEFs and CR2s.  However my Hasselblad 3FRs only have the Hasselblad profile as an option.   DNGs generated from them via Phocus simply show an embedded profile.  Not that I particularly wanted to change from the Hasselblad profile, but I was curious as to how and why the choices are so limited with Hasselblad files and so extensive with Nikon.

Professional

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 02:52:14 pm »

Quote from: pflower
Just curious.  In LR 2.5 the Camera Profile option allows a bewildering number of choices for my Nikon NEFs and CR2s.  However my Hasselblad 3FRs only have the Hasselblad profile as an option.   DNGs generated from them via Phocus simply show an embedded profile.  Not that I particularly wanted to change from the Hasselblad profile, but I was curious as to how and why the choices are so limited with Hasselblad files and so extensive with Nikon.

I really didn't understand your question, but i think with new ACR you can open Hasselblad 3FR files now, not sure that ACR is working with LR, but i use Photoshop CS4 with latest ACR and i can open 3FR files fine!

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 03:07:55 pm »

pflower, the "Hasselblad" profile that you see in the Profile popup menu is derived from data embedded in the raw file. The exact contents of that profile depend on the back type that you're using.

For other camera models (e.g., some Canon and Nikon models), there are additional color profiles designed to provide similar color and tone appearance to the camera maker's own styles: http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_P...FAQ#WhatIsNewCM

You can use external tools (like DNG Profile Editor, ColorChecker Passport, etc.) to build and edit color profiles for your Hasselblad back in the same way for other cameras. These would then show up as additional options in the Profile popup, in addition to the embedded "Hasselblad" profile, which comes from your camera.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up