Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! How to rescue sinar files on the e75  (Read 1958 times)

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
Help! How to rescue sinar files on the e75
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:12 am »

Yesterday I deleted on my e75 LV back a "wrong" file wich wasn't!! Is there a chance to rescue it? I downloaded a software indicated for this kind of work but it doesn't read the back as an external hard disck. Have you got some advice? thank you.

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:08:39 am »

Quote from: favalim
Yesterday I deleted on my e75 LV back a "wrong" file wich wasn't!! Is there a chance to rescue it? I downloaded a software indicated for this kind of work but it doesn't read the back as an external hard disck. Have you got some advice? thank you.
no
had the same problem once. after a long day wanted to erase one shot, but hit all.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:48:11 am »

Hi,

I don´t know specially for Sinar-files, but just did it today with an ordinary Picture Card, where it worked perfectly with RescuePro from sandisc. Don´t use that card/back (not even for a single shot!!!), before giving up.
Good Luck!

Ulf

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »

One more reason to use standard storage media...

Possibly, Sinar will be able to pull the flash module out and to read it, possibly...
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

ThierryH

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 01:49:09 pm »

Quote from: yaya
One more reason to use standard storage media...

Possibly, Sinar will be able to pull the flash module out and to read it, possibly...

Hi Yair,

Yes, possibly Sinar can restore/rescue this file. At least I know that they did it in the past. But as said above: DON'T use the back any further. And it will cost.

As a reminder, one has to confirm it TWICE to have the file deleted. I don't see it a valid reason to say that an internal storage in a digital back is something bad. Most of the customer using the eMotion backs do really appreciate this feature.

Best regards,
Thierry

yaya

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:56:27 pm »

Quote from: ThierryH
Hi Yair,

Yes, possibly Sinar can restore/rescue this file. At least I know that they did it in the past. But as said above: DON'T use the back any further. And it will cost.

As a reminder, one has to confirm it TWICE to have the file deleted. I don't see it a valid reason to say that an internal storage in a digital back is something bad. Most of the customer using the eMotion backs do really appreciate this feature.

Best regards,
Thierry

An internal storage (in a camera or a computer or any other device), like any other media, is great as long as it is recoverable when things go pear shaped...

ThierryH

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »

An internal storage (in a camera or a computer or any other device), like any other media, is great as long as it is recoverable when things go pear shaped...

Agreed, Yair, but it is, recoverable, if the storage media has not been used further, like any other storage medium.

Best regards,
Thierry

yaya

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 02:19:10 pm »

Quote from: ThierryH
Agreed, Yair, but it is, recoverable, if the storage media has not been used further, like any other storage medium.

Best regards,
Thierry

Ideally it could be mounted on the desktop and recovered using some standard software

ThierryH

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 02:37:46 pm »

Ideally it could be mounted on the desktop and recovered using some standard software

You are right, Yair.

All the best,
Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up