Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase C1Pro5 any Guinea Pigs yet?  (Read 29754 times)

K.C.

Phase C1Pro5 any Guinea Pigs yet?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 04:07:12 am »

Quote from: Colorwave
I don't know if my earlier problems might have been related to this or not, but I'm thinking that they may be having server problems beyond just the user forums at PO.  The initial activation connection seemed to work fine, but that was an hour ago.

I'd bet their servers are simply overwhelmed.

Mine activated without issue, but there was a lag in the server response. Just a sign of too much traffic on it.

K.C.

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 04:24:29 am »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
personally I wish it would just put my converted file right next to my raw file ... I don't like the whole session thing for my workflow.

Select an image that you have not adjusted from the browser. Go to the Image menu and create a 'New Variant.' Select both from the Browser and click on Multi View. Now close the browser.Work on one copy of the image while leaving the other one alone.

tho_mas

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 05:11:03 am »

personally I wish it would just put my converted file right next to my raw file ... I don't like the whole session thing for my workflow.
so the processed TIF next to the RAW file?
If so set the capture folder as output folder and keep the file name when processing. The TIFs then show up in the same folder and if you sort by name they will be next to the respective RAW file. In this case I would at least color tag the RAWs so that you can tell them from the TIFs easier.

K.C.

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 05:37:53 am »

Quote from: tho_mas
so the processed TIF next to the RAW file?
If so set the capture folder as output folder and keep the file name when processing. The TIFs then show up in the same folder and if you sort by name they will be next to the respective RAW file. In this case I would at least color tag the RAWs so that you can tell them from the TIFs easier.

Yes you can process the image and then bring it back in. In fact you could process several variations, keep your original and them compare them in multi view.

You can also select the original in the browser and then hit Enter. That locks it the viewer. Now scroll through the variations to bring each one side by side with your original.

There's lot of power and functionality in C1 if you take the time to learn it.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:56 am »

Question: I used to be able to define a default setting for the sharpening and noise reduction, but this seems not to be possible to save default with version 5.0. The function is there, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Bug or user error?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Regards,
Bernard

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 10:38:30 am »

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
Question: I used to be able to define a default setting for the sharpening and noise reduction, but this seems not to be possible to save default with version 5.0. The function is there, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Bug or user error?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Regards,
Bernard

You could set up a Style with all of your desired normal settings -- that allows you to apply them all at once to any selected image.  

That said, the new defaults do seem to be sticking on both my machines.  Note however that if you opened that image before with a different setting or in a previous version of C1, the previous setting will stick; it needs to be a "freshly" opened image to get the new default.  You can reset those old defaults by nuking the Capture One side-car folder inside the folder with the images in question and then re-open the image in C1.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:42:06 am by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 10:46:56 am »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
You could set up a Style with all of your desired normal settings -- that allows you to apply them all at once to any selected image.  

That said, the new defaults do seem to be sticking on both my machines.  Note however that if you opened that image before with a different setting or in a previous version of C1, the previous setting will stick; it needs to be a "freshly" opened image to get the new default.  You can reset those old defaults by nuking the Capture One side-car folder inside the folder with the images in question and then re-open the image in C1.

Cheers,

Thanks Jack, that's probably it.

Styles are indeed a valid approach, but is there a way to automatically apply a given style to all the images as they are being imported?

Thank you.

Regards,
Bernard

selsoe

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 10:58:16 am »

Thanks Jack, that's probably it.

Styles are indeed a valid approach, but is there a way to automatically apply a given style to all the images as they are being imported?

No, that is only possible when tethering.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 02:06:24 pm »

Quote from: K.C.
Select an image that you have not adjusted from the browser. Go to the Image menu and create a 'New Variant.' Select both from the Browser and click on Multi View. Now close the browser.Work on one copy of the image while leaving the other one alone.

Not what I meant ...when I am ready to render the RAW file to a tiff I just want it to render next to the original file, not bother with the whole output folder thing.  I use variants like this frequently.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 03:13:38 pm »

Not what I meant ...when I am ready to render the RAW file to a tiff I just want it to render next to the original file, not bother with the whole output folder thing.  I use variants like this frequently.
Since you can render the file to any folder you specify, why not just specify the original folder from your source file?
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

tho_mas

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 03:18:55 pm »

Bug or user error?
it works... but only for the next session(s). Within the same session you can't set a new default.
Too, within a "style" the default is always what is safed as settings in the respective style.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 07:03:18 pm »

Quote from: selsoe
No, that is only possible when tethering.

Thanks.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 07:04:46 pm »

Quote from: tho_mas
it works... but only for the next session(s). Within the same session you can't set a new default.
Too, within a "style" the default is always what is safed as settings in the respective style.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Bernard

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 09:06:39 pm »

Has been answered, but ------  if we all keep our fingers crossed, we may see this functionality on importing added in the next update or two .   In the meantime, it is easy to simply select all images in the folder right after the import and apply a saved style to them all -- just takes a few seconds to render the new previews.  

Cheers,
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:10:06 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 10:15:35 pm »

Quote from: K.C.
I downloaded the update and installed it on a 13" Mac Book Pro running 10.5.8, just replaced the prior version by drag and drop. Runs fast and stable for me, has all day.

Does a very nice job with the SONY A850 raw files. My 7D arrives tomorrow and it'll support that as well.

I'm a mere mortal in the grander scheme of things, not a blog or a site to hang my pixels on and they told me the new version would be out this month when I asked in September.

For the money it's a steal.It's not going to be everyone's perfect child but then nothing ever will be.

I've been running C1 5 for a couple of days on  MacBook Pro and Pro desktop. No problems yet, I like it!
Bill

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 07:25:35 pm »

You can do this.

In your process recipe select "Advanced - Root Folder - Image Folder" and the outputted image will always go to the same folder as the raw.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 07:32:44 pm »

Quote from: Colorwave
I just took a look on the Phase One website, and it's real alright.  A $99 upgrade for all existing C1 customers, it seems.  FWIW, the interface looks like not much has changed.  Odd that this was released without any fanfare or announcements to date.  I didn't get anything direct from Phase, get a RSS message from Capture Integration, or see a previous mention from anybody with a formal connection here on LL.  Did the Lightroom public beta cause them to shove it out the door sooner than dealers were expecting?  I'm sure the lessons from the early days of v4 taught them to not rush things too much, but the timing sure seems curious.

Late October was the slated release timeframe as far back as early September.

Capture Integration failed you on the RSS feed :-). I'll be posting a note in a few minutes.

Quote from: jjlphoto
Curious about the listed $99 upgrade fee for current Pro users. I am on CO Pro v3.xx and was supposed to be eligible for five free upgrades according to PhaseOne.

All 3 Pro keys (to the best of my knowledge) were sold with TWO free upgrades. Version 4.5 and Version 5 would be those two free upgrades. Any "update" (e.g. 3.7.6 --? 3.7.7 or 4.5.3 --> 4.6.0) were not counted. Unlike most companies you can log onto phaseone.com and see (my account > license management) exactly what licenses you've registered and what upgrade privileges go with them.

Quote from: selsoe
Not true. Only 4.5 counted as an upgrade, license wise for the Pro.

Correct.

Doug Peterson
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:32:56 pm by dougpetersonci »

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 10:51:15 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
You can do this.

In your process recipe select "Advanced - Root Folder - Image Folder" and the outputted image will always go to the same folder as the raw.

Doug Peterson

PERFECT!  Many thanks.

craigwashburn

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 01:44:16 pm »

My biggest problem of the moment is that previews at the Fit zoom level are not sharp.  4.x looks fine, but my first reaction to loading images into 5 is that previews are not sharp.  Looks fine at 25% though... except I can't see the whole image on my display.  

Also - does anyone know how to use the dust removal tool in batch?  Its operation is very non-intuitive and manual is missing one of the pages.

tho_mas

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 02:22:01 pm »

Quote from: craigwashburn
My biggest problem of the moment is that previews at the Fit zoom level are not sharp.
C1 V4 also rendered full resolution up from 25%... below it has always been a bit washy.
In V5 you can set the preview size in the preferences:
[attachment=17800:prefs.jpg]

if you have a large monitor and don't use the proof margin you have to set a higher value... according to the pixel size "to fit" utilizes.
The smaller the preview cache size, the faster, the bigger, the slower. The balance quality vs. speed is up to you.

Quote from: craigwashburn
does anyone know how to use the dust removal tool in batch?
as all the tools: copy & apply the adjustment to the selected images.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up