Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica S2 Images  (Read 49334 times)

Misirlou

• http://
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2009, 12:05:12 pm »

Quote from: TMARK
That is a fetching late 70's or early 80's 911.  It has the Fuchs wheels.  I thought about getting an older 911 but I wanted a car I can drive hard and not worry about parking on the street.  I don't need a hobby, but I bet the buyers for the S2, they need a hobby.

The a la carte Ostrich Penis leather is the way to go with the S2, in deep brown with a matching leather case. Perhaps coordinate with other lux goods makers on colors?

80's 911s are as reliable as hammers. It's not uncommon for the SC and the 3.2 Carrera to go 300,000 miles without needing an engine rebuild. Compared to other 80's cars, they were expensive, but give 20 years of general inflation, they are great bargains now. You couldn't afford to buy a new Mini with the cash required to buy a really excellent 80's 911. Park it on the street - who cares if it gets stolen? Just go get another one. Before long, there won't be many criminals left who now how to drive a manual trans anyway, esp. with controls as heavy as air-cooled 911s have. Insurance is cheap for them. What's not to love?

Slough

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2009, 02:04:01 pm »

Quote from: TMARK
Oh, yeas, its a natural deep brown. Really breath taking.  It goes well with my elephant foot brolly holder, elephant foot stools, and white seal leather couch I bougfht custom from B&B Italia.  I am a connisour of the finest (OK, at least EXPENSIVE), things.

Given the current turmoil, maybe Leica should do the S2 in Banker's skin, though the penis skin option might me too gross, and anyway, you'd too many bankers to get enough skin to cover one unit ...

cyberean

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2009, 02:23:31 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
cyberean

I noticed that you retouched out the large key that normally projects from the lid at the rear; what would we do without Photoshop! Probably buy Italian, I guess.

Rob C
what we'd do w/o Photochop is probably be less suspicious
of images that weren't photochopped in the first place ...

stevesanacore

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2009, 06:02:54 pm »

Quote from: bcooter
Paying retail?

http://tinyurl.com/ylc823l

BC

Yup, now is the time to pick up the car of your dreams. Two years old and it's half price, amazing.
We don't know what we don't know.

peegeenyc

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2009, 06:04:55 pm »

what a load of nonsense this thread has degenerated into: porsche prices, rub downs by pools, ostrich leather.
sure I have a sense of humor, but really you guys are (1) not that funny, and (2) should start another thread.
seriously - why hijack this one?

anyone looking for useful information about the MF digital and S2 had better go elsewhere.
any chance of a moderator keeping this on topic or closing the thread?

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2009, 06:26:54 pm »

Quote from: peegeenyc
anyone looking for useful information about the MF digital and S2 had better go elsewhere.

Subforum title says Digital Backs and Large Sensors. S2 matches neither, so this thread is off-topic anyway.
So let's go back to our nonsense. Here's my contribution:

Young tender starlet Malou
Pursued by a paparazzi S2
Ran from the Leica
That wanted to do 'er
Now she hates lenses - and you.

Edmund
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:29:03 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2009, 06:28:13 pm »

Quote from: peegeenyc
what a load of nonsense this thread has degenerated into: porsche prices, rub downs by pools, ostrich leather.
sure I have a sense of humor, but really you guys are (1) not that funny, and (2) should start another thread.
seriously - why hijack this one?

Come on and have a little fun...  besides these gentlemen have picked up something right - the S2 most likely have more connection to the above list of items than pro work.  
btw - I have nothing against the Leica and I hope they do well.
Rolleiflex USA

cyberean

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2009, 06:33:43 pm »

Quote from: stevesanacore
Two years old and it's half price, amazing.
for a moment there i thought we was back on track discussing MF digi backs ...

still, i need to go back and review the thread, as i missed the "rub downs by pools" post ...

shelby_lewis

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2009, 11:06:40 pm »

a little haiku maybe?

S2 discordant
ideates utility
maybe tomorrow

gwhitf

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2009, 11:17:18 pm »

here's a PDN story about a guy that shot it for a half hour.

http://tinyurl.com/yja98ab

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2009, 01:31:36 am »

Hi,

It seems that the new RAW-processor in Lightroom 3 makes a big difference regarding noise, same will also apply to ACR.

Erik

Quote from: julius0377
Threadjack: It was my understanding that ACR and Lightroom use the same raw processing engine. Is this not correct? (C1 of course is a different thing entirely not coming from Adobe.)
Erik Kaffehr

ctz

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2009, 02:53:45 am »

Quote from: shelby_lewis
a little haiku maybe?

S2 discordant
ideates utility
maybe tomorrow

pcunite

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2009, 08:49:08 am »

Quote from: gwhitf
here's a PDN story about a guy that shot it for a half hour.

http://tinyurl.com/yja98ab

Is it really lighter than a 1Ds Mark III?

The camera is also relatively lightweight and even after a half-hour of shooting with a 70mm and then a 180mm lens, I didn’t feel fatigued and my arms and wrists didn’t ache as they sometimes do when shooting with a pro DSLR and long lens.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:13:39 am by pcunite »

dfarkas

• http://www.leicastoremiami.com
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2009, 09:02:19 am »

Quote from: pcunite
It makes me sick to read this type of shilling that the author writes unashamedly. Is it really lighter than a 1Ds Mark III?

It is lighter, actually.

The production S2 is quite a bit lighter than the pre-production models up until now. The reason is that the pre-production cameras were made of milled aluminum whereas the final production cameras are made of cast magnesium alloy. Just based on personal feel, I'd guess the weight savings is about 50-100g.

David
David Farkas
Leica Store Miami
www.leicastoremiami.com

Check out Red Dot Forum for Leica news, reviews, blogs and discussion

pcunite

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2009, 10:13:59 am »

Quote from: dfarkas
It is lighter, actually.

The production S2 is quite a bit lighter than the pre-production models up until now. The reason is that the pre-production cameras were made of milled aluminum whereas the final production cameras are made of cast magnesium alloy. Just based on personal feel, I'd guess the weight savings is about 50-100g.

David

Thank you for the info.

narikin

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2009, 10:47:40 am »

Quote from: eronald
Subforum title says Digital Backs and Large Sensors. S2 matches neither, so this thread is off-topic anyway.
Edmund
come on Edmund - this is a forum for digital cameras/ sensors larger than 35mm that much is obvious.
to say the S2 doesn't fit into that is silly, and you are smarter than that.

we need some moderation here to keep it on topic and useful.
the endless waffle, 'humor' and wildly off subject postings of this thread has tipped me over: I miss Rob Galbraith and his firm moderation of those forums that kept everything useful and on-topic.

TMARK

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »

Quote from: narikin
come on Edmund - this is a forum for digital cameras/ sensors larger than 35mm that much is obvious.
to say the S2 doesn't fit into that is silly, and you are smarter than that.

we need some moderation here to keep it on topic and useful.
the endless waffle, 'humor' and wildly off subject postings of this thread has tipped me over: I miss Rob Galbraith and his firm moderation of those forums that kept everything useful and on-topic.

What does anyone have to say about the S2?  It seems that no one, and I mean no one, has spent more than 1/2 an hour with it.  until there are units in hand, being shot by a civilian/non-industry affiliated person, there can only be speculation.  

What is known about the S2, mainly price and a data sheet, has been commented upon.  The marketing, which is a Known Known a la Don Rumsfeld, is fertile ground for humour.  Is it not?  In discussing a Canon 1ds3, you can comment about other options for your cash, such as a D3x.  With the S2, another option for the cash, for the intended market, is a Porsche.  So its not that off topic.  Besides, if the brick wall shooters and DC Raw Analyzer guys can have an 18 page thread about physics, I think the shooters can shoot the shit about marketing and make fun of the S2, as great as it probably is.

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2009, 01:07:58 pm »

Quote from: dfarkas
It is lighter, actually.
David

Does the S2 have an optional drive that boosts capture speed and provides vertical release?

Mark

cyberean

Leica S2 Images
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2009, 02:06:07 pm »

Quote from: mtomalty
Does the S2 have an optional drive that boosts capture speed and provides vertical release?

Mark

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
Leica S2 Images
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2009, 02:20:31 pm »

Thx Cyberean

Now let's  put the S2 on a scale  :>))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up