Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus 75 mounting problem  (Read 1662 times)

Mr. Rib

Leaf Aptus 75 mounting problem
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:06:21 pm »

Hi all,

Today I received my Mamiya AFDII body and Leaf Aptus 75 back. I didn't test it yet (will do so tomorrow) but as soon as I mounted the back, I felt something was wrong.. The mount is loose. After mounting the back, it can be twisted a bit. I think while putting presure in different places of the mounted back I can feel it is moving. Obviously it's subtle but the displacement can sometimes be seen with the bare eye. The magazine I got with the Mamiya body mounts rock-solid. even the plate from Leaf Aptus mounts on the magazine rock solid, while on Aptus it's mount is somewhat loose. It would be great if I could read opinion of Leaf representative on this matter..  the mounting design - an awkwardly moving lever doesn't look like part of design worth $20k... And I'm not that strict if it comes to build and structure, so far I've been using Rollei 6008 AF.

I'd really appreciate opinions of people using Leaf Aptus backs with Mamiya AFD bodies on that matter- are your mounts on the body rock solid or a bit loose? I'd also appreciate if I got feedback from people who actually own / used this equipment. I know how crucial it is to keep the sensor at proper distance and here we are talking about a shift equal to big fraction of milimeter...
I'm quite desperate at the moment and your feedback might prove really useful..

Chris

snickgrr

• http://
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:26:19 pm »

Mine has very very little movement on the Mamiya. If you really try you can feel a tiny bit of movement.  I used to have a 75 but it was upgraded to the 75S as a promotion when I bought the back.  The 75 fit very nicely on the Kapture Group adaptor plate for the Fuji 680 but the 75S would not go on.  I had to gently file the lugs on the Kapture Group plate in order for the 75S to attach.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:26:49 pm by snickgrr »

jing q

• we are super
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 04:14:49 am »

I've had that happen to me before. get your dealer to get the mount tightened.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 05:29:16 am »

Quote from: Mr. Rib
Hi all,

Today I received my Mamiya AFDII body and Leaf Aptus 75 back. I didn't test it yet (will do so tomorrow) but as soon as I mounted the back, I felt something was wrong.. The mount is loose. After mounting the back, it can be twisted a bit. I think while putting presure in different places of the mounted back I can feel it is moving. Obviously it's subtle but the displacement can sometimes be seen with the bare eye. The magazine I got with the Mamiya body mounts rock-solid. even the plate from Leaf Aptus mounts on the magazine rock solid, while on Aptus it's mount is somewhat loose. It would be great if I could read opinion of Leaf representative on this matter..  the mounting design - an awkwardly moving lever doesn't look like part of design worth $20k... And I'm not that strict if it comes to build and structure, so far I've been using Rollei 6008 AF.

I'd really appreciate opinions of people using Leaf Aptus backs with Mamiya AFD bodies on that matter- are your mounts on the body rock solid or a bit loose? I'd also appreciate if I got feedback from people who actually own / used this equipment. I know how crucial it is to keep the sensor at proper distance and here we are talking about a shift equal to big fraction of milimeter...
I'm quite desperate at the moment and your feedback might prove really useful..

Chris

Chris, both back and body should be looked at. Depending on where you have bought them from (preferably someone who deals with both Mamiya and Leaf) and on your warranty, it could be a simple thing as tightening the latches.
Regarding the lever this should not be of any concern. Leaf has been using the exact same lever since 2000 and I have never heard of any issues with it.

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up